Welcome to Mans Lumber & Millwork, family owned and operated since 1900. We are always looking for friendly, hard-working people with all sorts of skill sets and backgrounds. Whether you are a lumber whiz, a customer-service superstar, or even the neighborhood trivia champ, there’s a good chance you’ll find the perfect career path to showcase your talents and grow! We offer a benefits package that is rated in the top 10% of the lumber and building materials industry, we promote from within and we focus on creating balance between your friends and family at home, and the friends you will make here. We aren’t looking for the ordinary; we are looking for the extraordinary! Think this describes you, then please keep reading:
Mans Lumber and Millwork provides value through quality materials and superior service. Yard Operations Associates are relied upon for building loads accurately, loading customers and outbound vehicles efficiently, unloading and storing materials in dedicated storage locations, maintaining good housekeeping of all areas of our facility and secure perimeter.
• Being friendly and professional, responding quickly to customer and team member needs.
• Follow processes to confirm all product is being delivered and proactively responds when an item is missing or refused.
• Communicate with peers, customers, and vendors respectfully, honestly, and openly.
• Engage in continuous improvement efforts, examining workflows and providing feedback to current workflow processes to improve efficiency.
• Load trucks at the direction of the Dispatcher, Shipping or Yard Manager.
• Maintain 45 minute or better truck turnaround average(s).
• Assist in cycle counting material in assigned locations weekly, maintaining 100% completion and 75% accuracy.
• Conduct weekly power equipment inspection and maintenance checklist.
• Ensuring merchandise is in good condition, accurately accounted for, and delivered to customers on-time.
• Maintain a clean, efficient work environment.
• Pulling merchandise safely for loading onto delivery trucks and helping customers and staff move merchandise safely.
• Receiving inbound material and storing appropriately.
• Complete and maintain required training and licenses (hi-lo certification, etc.).
• Utilize basic functions of WMS system; (including, but not limited to receive, put away, move, cycle inventory, select, and customer ship).