Join a Winning Team!
FirefightersFirst Credit Union through its partnership with CUSO Financial Services, L. P. (CFS) is seeking a Licensed Financial Advisor to provide retirement and investment services to its member base served out of Los Angeles and nearby branches.
Financial investment advisors at Firefighters First Credit Union (FFCU) consult with members and provide individually tailored investment advice, financial plans, and portfolio management in line with members’ goals. They also meet with potential new members to develop investment relationships and periodically meet with established members to review goals, investments, and performance of investments. Finally, financial investment advisors warm transfer members to the appropriate departments for banking needs to ensure they get the best member experience possible. Overall, the financial investment advisor is responsible for managing members’ investment portfolios to achieve financial goals. Typical responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain member investment relationships.
- Engage with members on a consistent basis to develop and manage a detailed and accurate financial plan that is in the members’ interests.
- Analyze and manage the performance of members’ investment portfolios.
- Recommend additional FFCU products and services when there is a benefit to the member.
- Deliver, host, or participate in educational and marketing activities to increase awareness of FFCU’s investment services.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- Travel up to 65% of the time to meet new and/or established members at fire houses or members’ households, and/or attend other work-related meetings, conferences, training, or events.
- Must possess and maintain a California State driver’s license and auto insurance.
**Representatives are employed by Firefighters First Credit Union and registered through CFS (Member FINRA/SIPC). To learn more about CUSO Financial Services, L.P. visit www.cusonet.com.
Relevant Word Search: Registered Representative, Advisor, Adviser, Certified Financial Planner, CFP, Financial Consultant, Investment Manager, Investment services, Mutual Funds, Investments, Chartered Financial Consultant, CHFC, Sales, Banking, Broker, Financial Services, Financial Professional, Financial Advisor, Insurance Sales, Bankers, Finance, Retirement Planning, Estate Planning, 401k, Life and Casualty, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Series 7
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with following established insurance and securities state and federal compliance guidelines, laws, and regulations, as well as adherence to all credit union policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of FINRA rules and regulations as they relate to selling financial products.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply financial, investment, and insurance information.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform and apply math (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Demonstrates the ability to adjust communication content, style, and presentation to fit a variety of audiences including members, colleagues, vendors, executives, and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates the ability to consult, provide member services, and achieve relationship sales objectives by anticipating and understanding member’s needs and selling products that will benefit them.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Demonstrates the ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with FFCU’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
- California State Driver’s License