Multiple Positions for Papua New Guinea-based project.
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for Multiple Positions for a Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea-based project under the Forestry & Natural Resource Management (FNRM) Unit. The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications are described in the attached position descriptions. The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Winrock provides excellent benefits for staff.
Bachelors required. Master's degree preferred with demonstrated coursework in the application of GIS/Remote sensing techniques to issues in ecosystem ecology, forestry, natural resource management, land cover/land use, climate change or a closely related field.
- At least five years of experience with GIS related to ecosystem services.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of spatial analysis to land use, land use change, or land planning is must.
- Experience in analysis and design of projects using information technology and GIS is required.
- Good understanding of remote sensing methods and techniques a plus.
- Experience with databases using SQL including construction and macro development is desirable.
- Ability to work and train using GIS software.
- Fluency in English in required.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. Nationals encouraged to apply.