Role & Responsibilities
The Housekeeper role is essential in ensuring that Natural Retreats guest get an amazing first impression of the residences. With fantastic attention to detail, the Housekeeper will ensure that the residences are in pristine condition and will escalate any maintenance issues directly to the management team. This individual will be responsible for reporting
- To take full responsibility for the full clean of residences upon the departure of guests.
- In the absence of Management, check residences prior to the arrival of guests to ensure all residences are in pristine condition.
- Using the checklist for each residence ensure that all areas have been cleaned and staged to the required standard.
- To use the correct cleaning products and procedures for the relevant jobs and ensure hygiene levels are kept to a high standard.
- Regularly change cleaning materials e.g.: wipes, dusters etc to ensure they are effective and hygienic.
- Change all bed linens to a high standard. Ensuring all linen is clean, unmarked and presentable. Escalate to the relevant manager if linen is marked or damaged.
- Ensure toiletries are replenished.
- Assist in training other housekeeping team members.
- Ensure the bathrooms are cleaned to a high standard and stocked with sufficient linens and supplies.
- Ensure all flooring is either vacuumed, swept and washed as appropriate.
- In kitchen areas ensure the refrigerators, ovens, microwaves and stoves are clean inside and out.
- Periodically conduct deep cleans of ovens, microwaves, stoves and refrigerators.
- Ensure the porches/decks of each residence are swept prior to the arrival of guests to ensure free of leaves etc.
- Clean windows (inside) and ensure smear free.
- Escalate any issues in relation to dirty external windows with the relevant management team.
- For residences which have open fires ensure the fire is cleaned and prepared for use by the guests and ensure that there is a full supply of wood and kindling.
- Staging homes to the Natural Retreat's brand standards.
- Spot check each residence throughout the clean and escalate any maintenance issues with the relevant manager.
- Take responsibility for cleaning all linens at the lodge.
- Manage the supplies of cleaning materials and linen and reorder when necessary.
- When meeting Natural Retreats guests greet them in a friendly, welcoming and consistent manner.
- If a guest makes a direct request to Housekeeping ensure that you promptly fulfil the request and if unable to fulfil the request raise with the relevant manager. Ensure that you keep the guest aware of the progress and always communicate in a friendly, positive manner.
- Approach all tasks and requests with a ‘can do' attitude.
- Escalate any general issues with the residences to the relevant manager promptly.
- To be an ambassador for Natural Retreats in all areas and to ensure always smart and presentable and wearing the correct NR uniform.
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferable.
- Team Player
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Strong customer focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to multi task
- Amazing interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and flexible
- Positive, Creative, ‘can do' approach
- Friendly and welcoming
- Ability to ‘make it happen'
- ‘Can do' attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel with hands and arms. This position will require walking for periods throughout the day on uneven surfaces or across company property and into homes. The employee may have to reach above shoulder height or below the waist or lift as required to file or store materials throughout the day. Proper lifting techniques are required. The individual must be able to lift 50 lbs and use proper lifting techniques. Lifting items include but are not limited to heavy packages, laundry, linens, cleaning supplies, etc.
*Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hours of work
Due to the nature of the job, a Housekeeper should be flexible with their hours. Weekends and holidays are required and will generally be busy and considered working days with guest arrivals and departures although these can be covered on request and approval of the General Manager. Guests can arrive at unpredictable times, and a Housekeeper should always be available in case of emergency, which includes evenings and possible overtime during peak season.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.