Business Development Director - Cranberry, PA
VertMarkets is a pioneering B2B media services company devoted to the creation of valuable long-term professional relationships. Our focus is to provide the platform where the world’s business and community leaders meet, engage, influence and collaborate to bring important new products, services and solutions to market quickly. We have an opening for a Business Development Director. Your input will be critical in the direction and growth of our company. In turn, you will earn generous pay plus premium benefits.
The Business Development Directors at VertMarkets are responsible for cultivating large clientele by understanding their sales and marketing challenges and developing and managing custom analytics-based marketing programs that exceed clients' expectations. This position is designed as a first step in our Senior Management Development Program and your career will likely follow a unique path based on your desires and abilities. We believe this initial position is the quickest way to learn the breadth of our unique services and will give you the ability to grow in our organization. In this role, you will reports directly to the President/CEO.
- Within the clientele , identify the key stakeholders in each of the departments that will have a say in the decision for the services we offer
- Consult with management to identify new market segments for the company to target
- Understand the market your clientele work in as well as or better than they do, including market trends, areas of opportunity, common challenges, and how the buyer/supplier relationships
- Understand the opportunities, goals, and challenges each client has and how they believe they will solve the challenges to reach their goals
- Consult with clients to help them shape their growth strategy
- Develop, communicate, and implement solutions that help your clients overcome their challenges
- Consult with company management to formulate pricing for custom client solutions
- Identify and utilize data and other sources of information to effectively make a case for your proposed solution with each stakeholder
- Have conviction and be able to prove that your solution will actually help solve the client’s challenges
- Negotiate the terms of the solution and execute a contract with the client
- Help the client execute their program to the most effective extent by adapting operational best practices to their specific situation
- Consistently utilize data and client feedback to understand how the program is performing towards solving their challenges
- Establish a feedback loop where you use data from the program to inform each stakeholder on the progress, outcomes, and additional recommendations based upon what you are learning