Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv ' a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Aptiv, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we're more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is an advanced technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. We're dedicated to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life. Aptiv.com
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the establishment of preferred technologies, sources of supply, and acceptance criteria for assigned commodities based on technology trend and Category Team supplier strategy.
- Design Engineering support including: design development assistance, interfacing, communication, component selection, component application issue resolution, failure analysis, problem solving, part shortages and MCIP activities.
- New production part development and setup (part number assignment, drawing release, qualification and PPAP approval) to meet project cost and timing requirements.
- Maintain and update component specifications and component database according to APTIV component specs requirement and technology roadmap.
- Evaluate and qualify Supplier Change Requests (SCR, ECO) to mitigate risks and maximize cost saving across product lines.
- Support Global Supply Management (GSM)/Category Team initiatives on new supplier identification and development, perform supplier technology assessment & audit.
Major Job Qualifications:
1). Education MS degree in Electronics, Mechatronics or relevant fields.
2). Must be 5+ years of automotive experiences an electronic/electrical engineer or application engineer for interconnections systems.
3). Experience in Electronic and Electrical components assembly and manufacturing (Solder Process, SMT/WAVE/Selective Process).
4). Knowledge in connectors and electronic devices physics, design, application, quality, test process, reliability and failure analysis, mating connection interface, press-fit, insertion/retention forces.
5). Good understanding of automotive Product Development, PPAP process , common automotive quality procedures and specifications (IATF16949, SAE USCAR, IEC, etc.) and OEM standards (GM, FORD, FCA, VW, etc.)
°Excellent communication skills, Team work oriented.
°Proactive involvement to provide support to solve quality issues.
°Fluent in spoken English and written English