As a Fundraising Assistant, you have a unique opportunity to provide the PETA Foundations' Corporate Giving Department with administrative support and share your enthusiasm for fundraising and discovering vegan/cruelty-free companies. You will maintain databases, develop social media accounts, PETA websites and third party fundraising websites.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
In consultation with PETA and in verified compliance with the objectives, standards, and requirements communicated by it:
• Assist with basic processes relating to Corporate Giving programs including PETA Business Friends, the ‘PETA-Approved Vegan' certification and third-party fundraising efforts.
o Correspond with companies and build fundraising relationships
o Maintain PETA Business Friends benefit fulfillment and onboarding
o Support aspects of donor engagement in the social-media and website environment. Maintaining cultivation platforms including the PETA Mall website, its Facebook and Twitter pages, PETA's coupon page, email campaigns and others.
o Perform research projects on prospective companies and assemble data reports
• Assist with maintaining third-party fundraising accounts
• Discover new company prospects and actively promote the PETA Business Friends and other corporate giving programs
• Draft responses to inquiries about a wide range of fundraising and animal rights topics and respond to inbound e-mails from PETA supporters, fundraisers, and third-party organizations
• Maintain departmental databases and archives
• Draft letters and assist with updating companies on their benefit fulfillment
• Establish and maintain good communication and relationships at all levels of the organization and PETA and with PETA's business partners
• Perform any other duties or special projects assigned by the supervisor