This position is from 3pm-11:30pm; 30 min break; 11pm-7:30am; 30 min break; 7am-3:30pm 30 min break -weekends required
REACH CTH Counselor provides support to persons with co-occurring intellectual/developmental disabilities and mental or behavioral health needs who are temporarily accessing crisis or planned admission within the REACH crisis home. This staff participates in facilitating daily program and individualized activities and support for habilitative and/or rehabilitative activities, therapeutic interventions, personal care/assistance, health care and other activities. REACH CTH Counselor participates as part of comprehensive REACH services that collaborate with individual’s primary provider and clinical home, community crisis services, family and others.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assists individuals with daily activities, personal care/assistance, behavioral health needs, and physical health, wellness, community engagement and leisure activities.
· Orients guests and their caregivers (if applicable) to the crisis home, program policies, rules and activities.
· Establishes rapport with consumers with intellectual/developmental disabilities and challenging behaviors, while maintain respect for each consumer’s dignity, individuality and right to confidentiality.
· Maintains professional boundaries with clients and follows ethical and licensing guidelines.
· Monitors individuals for frequency and severity of mental health or behavioral symptoms and provides crisis prevention, intervention and de-escalation supports in accordance with individualized cross systems crisis prevention and intervention plans, behavioral support plan (if applicable), overall service plan (e.g. ISP, PCP, POC).
· Participates in development and implementation of persons’ cross system crisis prevention and intervention plan.
· Provides on-site crisis intervention and support to individuals and their respective systems of care for individuals experiencing behavioral health emergencies/crises that do not require REACH crisis services in the regional REACH crisis facility.
· Plans, structures and prompts social and leisure time activities, including activities that build skills for behavior management, stress management, communication, adaptive living, ADL’s and IADL’s.
· Serves as a positive representative for agency with other professionals, families and the community.
· Reports incidents as required by agency policy as well as local state and federal laws.
· Maintains timely documentation, progress notes, behavior/symptom tracking, and other data, including incident and accident reports.
· Responds to individual safety needs, including reporting significant changes in behavior and health.
· Collaborates with the CTH Director, Assistant CTH Director, Medical Director, Clinical Director and other staff with clinical expertise on presentation of needs, behavioral tracking, attempted interventions, plan of care and discharge planning.
· Communicates with other staff and supervisor on progress, needs, concerns and changes.
· Performs housekeeping duties as assigned, including meal preparation in accordance with individual dietary needs and preferences.
· Adheres to program standards and policies as well as local, state and federal regulations
· Assists with discharge planning.
· Other duties as assigned.