Join a dynamic team of motivated individuals with deep collective experience throughout digital forensics, incident response, investigation, operations, and academic research.
We seek individuals with strong interest in understanding and resolving technical challenges in the national security space. Our group focuses on applied research into the functionality of emerging and already ubiquitous technologies at all constituent logical layers, from component-level aspects through system and software implementation to communication protocols. Concurrent with achieving this understanding, we examine the variation between expected and actual functionality that results from real-world implementation. Finally, in support of stakeholders throughout the US Government, we reason about and advise on the implications of our findings.
Qualified individuals will have a strong aptitude to reformulate open questions; devise creative solutions; deliver concise, rigorous prototype implementations; and clearly articulate this process in discussions, presentations, and formal reports. Recent examples of our work have included novel approaches to analyzing network traffic, reasoning about automated imaging analysis, and software implementation of novel file and format extraction techniques.
- BS in Computer Science or related quantitative discipline plus three years of related work experience; or an MS in Computer Science or related discipline plus one year of related work experience.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to customer sites, conferences, and offsite meetings.(10%)
- You will be subject to a background investigation and must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep technical knowledge of and experience with fundamental
- Internet protocols and functionality
- Systems-level programming experience
- Strong experience with UNIX/Linux
- Familiarity with current hardware and software vulnerabilities and mitigations
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.