Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist - Achieving Reduction of Child Labor in Support of Education (ARISE III)
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for Achieving Reduction of Child Labor in Support of Education (ARISE III) program.
GENERAL: Winrock is a recognized leader in US and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission-driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We pride ourselves on being a learning organization that embraces continuous improvement in program results and processes and a culture of accountability.
APPLICATIONS: Applicants should send a current resume, cover letter, and reference contacts to ARISETZjobs@winrock.org, no later than Nov 06, 2018. Only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted. EEOE/AA.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
LOCATION: Tabora, Tanzania
DEPARTMENT: Civic Engagement and Social Equity
REPORTS TO: Program Manager, ARISE Tanzania
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The ARISE program is a high-quality, results-oriented program to prevent and help eliminate child labor through improved awareness of the hazards of child labor, greater livelihoods opportunities for vulnerable households, and improved access to education for children and youth. The position has an anticipated start date of January 1, 2019.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The M&E Specialist will be responsible for overall monitoring and evaluation of ARISE Tanzania program activities/M&E system, developing/designing M&E tools & reports, and to maintain/keep updated the program database (blockchain). Specific responsibilities of the M&E Specialist include but are not limited to:
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- Oversee ARISE Tanzania’s M&E system, including the measurement of program indicators, designing monitoring tools, setting up the data flow system, entering data into the blockchain database, conducting data quality assurance and reporting.
- Work with other ARISE staff, including the ARISE Africa Regional Director, and any external consultants to design, execute, and report on program surveys, including pre- and post-awareness surveys, household surveys, etc.
- Work with the ARISE Program Manager, Africa Regional Director, and home office to ensure that data and indicators are aligned with the blockchain database, JTI’s Agricultural Labor Practices data, and potentially other external data sources.
- Mentor Tanzania program staff and relevant stakeholders to enhance their understanding of the ARISE M&E framework, specifically focusing on data tools as well as the flow and frequency of data collection, analysis, etc.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND PROGRAM OVERSIGHT
- Work with the Field Coordinator and rest of program staff to build stakeholder capacity and oversee field activities.
- Assess the achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and work with the rest of the team members to design Quality Improvement (QI) strategies to address any observed shortfalls.
- Work with the Program Manager to ensure compliance and adherence to the ARISE program SOPs and mentoring matrix.
PLANNING AND REPORTING
- Coordinate with other program staff to develop monthly, quarterly, and annual program work plans.
- Work with the Program Manager to track implementation of planned program activities ensuring that implementation follows approved work plans and that any deviations are reported to the Program Manager.
- Oversee completion and submission of monthly activity reports by the Field Coordinator and/or other program staff.
- Consolidate draft quarterly and annual program reports and submit them to Program Manager for review and submission to the Regional Director, Home Office, and program donor.
- Participate in the drafting and development of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Document success stories, best practices, and lessons learned and share them with the rest of the program team to facilitate continued improvement and impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Successful candidates will have solid experience monitoring donor-funded programs in complex rural environments with a wide variety of stakeholders. Specific experience and specialization in at least one of the following is required: child labor prevention/eradication, agricultural training/education, youth development, community mobilization, and/or economic empowerment.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Master’s degree or bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
Technical: Minimum of five years’ professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to staff and key stakeholders on data collection, M&E, etc.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Fluency in English and Swahili is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
- Familiarity with database and statistical applications such as SPSS, SAS, or STATA.