- Complete job setup accordance to plan and operate equipment to defined specifications for finished product.
- Perform quality inspections throughout job to ensure conformity to specifications.
- Perform machine adjustments to proactively keep product within specified tolerances.
- Oversee Packers activity in conjunction with QA Technician interaction.
- Document production activity and material traceability/usage calculations to determine finished quantities and line efficiencies.
- Provide back-up support to other positions on the production line.
- Perform all necessary preventative maintenance as required.
- Make suggestions for process improvements.
- Operate machines at desired speeds to ensure efficiency of production.
- Identify and document failures and support identification of root cause for production issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong mechanical aptitude required.
Strong mechanical aptitude required with the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
The ability to operate common hand and power tools.
Basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
Must be able to read a metric and standard ruler.
The ability to communicate effectively.
High school math skills.
The ability to multi-task.
Good organizational skills.
The ability to read blue prints a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent.
2-3 years of manufacturing experience desired.