Position: Mortgage Loan Officer
Department: Retail Lending-Pioneer Valley and Northern CT
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: VP Retail Lending Sales Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Travel as Required
Positions Supervised: None
Originate residential mortgage loan and home equity applications primarily through outside business development and marketing activities in the Pioneer Valley and Northern CT area. Support branch managers in the origination of retail lending products. Responsible for managing and coordinating the entire loan process from application to closing while ensuring a high quality of customer service and satisfaction.
- Originate residential mortgage loan and home equity applications.
- Meet or exceed production goals and quality customer service standards set by management.
- Promote Westfield Bank products, services and programs within an assigned territory.
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with realtors, financial advisors and other real estate referral sources.
- Regularly participate in activities in connection with mortgage sales (e.g., attending closings, open houses, conducting seminars & trainings and other lead generating activities).
- Work with internal departments and investors to manage and meet loan requirements.
- Evaluate borrower’s income and debt.
- Assist borrowers in understanding and resolving credit issues.
- Pre-qualify borrowers and determine their suitable purchase price and payment range.
- Advise borrowers of our products, disclosures, rates and pricing.
- Respond to phone calls from borrowers with questions during the process.
- Collect financial data and documentation for the mortgage or home equity loan applications.
- Keep abreast of all federal regulations.
- Must complete BSA, AML, and other regulatory and continuing education as assigned.
- Must adhere to all bank and regulatory policies and procedures specific to position.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Account Management
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Negotiation Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Sales Skills
- A minimum of 5 years experience in residential mortgage lending preferred.
- Experience originating residential loans in the Pioneer Valley, MA Market and Farmington Valley, CT Market.
- 2 years experience in outside sales originating residential mortgage loans
- Must be proficient in loan origination regulations and have a working knowledge of secondary market guidelines, FNMA, FHLMC, Mass Housing, CHFA, FHA and VA product guidelines
- Must have previously completed mortgage loan compliance training
- Must meet standards to register with the NMLS (National Mortgage Licensing System)
Stand - O (Not Applicable)
Walk - O (Not Applicable)
Sit - F (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering - O (Not Applicable)
Reach Outward - O (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder - N (Not Applicable)
Climb - N (Not Applicable)
Crawl - N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel - N (Not Applicable)
Bend - N (Not Applicable)
10 lbs or less - N (Not Applicable)
11-20 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
21-50 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
51-100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less - N (Not Applicable)
13-25 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
26-40 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
41-100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Westfield Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.