To provide skilled nursing care to home care patients in accordance with the established plan of care. Works directly under the Director Of Nursing. Works with other highly skilled clinicians through a multi- or interdisciplinary team approach.
As a Home Health Registered Nurse, your responsibilities will include:
• Travels to patient homes and provides skilled nursing care within the established plan of care. Provides direct patient care including performance of tasks such as injections, IV, wound cares, wound vac, lab draw, PICC care, ostomy, vital signs, medication management and the physical assessment of the overall patient’s medical condition,
• Continually evaluates the patient’s condition and the effectiveness of treatments, plan of care, medications, and therapies.
• Conducts patient admissions and discharges as assigned.
• Works in collaboration with RN Case Manager and other patient care team members to assure coordination of care is provided to attain desired outcomes.
• Documents visit notes, treatments, and care. Records and reports symptoms and changes in patient’s condition. Verifies that physician orders are complete, accurate and cover the care and visits provided
• Ensures orders are obtained prior to service delivery.
• Documents any verbal orders and follows up to secure written orders.
• Ensures required visits are completed in a timely manner.
• Documents and assists with missed visits, discharges.
• Provides information, instruction and education to the patient, patient family members and caregivers in proper care
• Follows Nursing plan of care as ordered by the physician
• Assists in assigning and monitoring the work of Home Health Aides and Licensed Practical Nurses.
• Attends and participates in mandatory meetings, in-services, and conferences.
• Assists with audits as requested..
• Cleans and maintains equipment
• Assists with ordering of supplies for patients
• Completes and submits timesheets or time logs to supervisor on a timely basis which accurately document hours, mileage, travel and other time worked
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Other duties may be required and assigned.
Education & Experience:
Associates degree in Nursing with one to two years home care nursing experience or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills or abilities. Prior acute care, triage, or other nursing experience may be considered instead of home care experience. Current State of Wisconsin RN licensure required. Electronic charting and data entry. CPR, Good organizational and communication skills
This position requires travel to patient homes and meeting locations.
Must maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
Must maintain an acceptable driver’s record per company policy.
Must maintain proof of current auto insurance.
Must have access to a vehicle in good working condition.
Requires evening, weekend, holiday, and on-call responsibilities.
Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Motivating Others, Legal Compliance, Bedside Manner, Medical Teamwork, Mental Health, Pain Management, Listening, Analyzing Information , Quality Focus