The Belknap White Group is a nationally ranked, top-5 flooring distributor offering residential and commercial customers a diverse portfolio of best-in-class surface materials, including ceramic and porcelain tile, wood and resilient flooring, as well as installation materials.
Over thirty years of family ownership and a keen focus on positive customer experiences has allowed our company to partner with industry-leading manufacturers, including Armstrong, Crossville, American Olean, Kahrs and Mirage. The Belknap White Group is headquartered in Massachusetts, and services all of New England, New York (to include NYC) and New Jersey with nine showroom and/or distribution locations throughout our territory. Please visit our website at www.belknapwhite.com for more information on our company.
Summary: The Architectural Specifier Representative will achieve project Specification objectives and corresponding pull-through sales objectives by developing and maintaining relationships with commercial architects and designers to facilitate the placement of Belknap White distributed products in specifications of commercial construction projects. The qualified candidate will generate all commercial specifications for a variety of flooring products with a focus on ceramic tile and wood flooring.
Location: Greater Boston area
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily sales calls to architects and designers with a focus on product presentations and uncovering new project opportunities in order to secure specifications
- Conduct box lunch, new product, and AIA presentations, updating of firm's product libraries
- Research new project leads to identify new business opportunities
- Participate in job tracking meetings and maintain CRM throughout life cycle of project
- Communicate regularly with sales team representatives to ensure pull-through of specified products
- Work with key manufacturer representatives to promote and specify products
- Gain market share by specifying company products
- Maintain and grow relationships with architects and designers, participate in industry related events
- Execute strategic plans to achieve corporate and commercial goals
- Coordinating efforts with the product managers, enhancing vendor market share and ensuring profitable growth for the company.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Excellent verbal / presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft products
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work with other departments on all levels
- Ability to understand and read blueprints
- Strong knowledge of, and relationships in, the architectural and design community (with a premium for knowledge in the flooring space)
- Selling or architectural representative experience
Career Level Required: Experienced (Non Manager)
Experience Required: 1+ to 2 Years
Education Required: Professional
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.