Are you interested in providing critical intervention to families in crisis? If so, Devereux might have the right opportunity for you! We are looking to hire a passionate individual to join our team as a Mobile Crisis Services Clinician.
Being a Mobile Crisis Services Clinician has its Advantages
As an Mobile Crisis Services Clinician at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- A chance to make a significant impact on children and adolescents
- Opportunities to participate in multidisciplinary treatment team and staffings
- Professional growth and development at the largest not-for-profit provider of services to children and families in Florida
Mobile Crisis Services Clinicians will provide immediate on-site crisis intervention counseling with an assessment of the families need/functioning. The intervention will include stabilizing the situation through communication skills, parenting skills, relationship building, behavioral techniques, grief counseling, interviewing of family members, stress management techniques, etc. Based on the clinician’s assessment, individualized referral recommendations will be provided to assist families with the identified need. Services provided under this program will include phone contact and assessment, crisis response, face-to-face crisis assessment, crisis stabilization, short-term intervention including psychotherapy, referral, and connection to service providers. The Mobile Crisis Services Clinicians work to empower the family, working in tandem to generate solutions, and develop strategies that help establish realistic goals. Mobile Crisis Services Clinician responsibilities include:
- rotating 24/7 on call responsibilities.
- Conducting skills training to assist the client in overcoming the difficulties that led to the crisis and conducting ongoing assessment of need
- Collaborating with other service providers in the community to help establish needed services for the individual and the family.
- Providing education to the recipient’s family and significant others regarding mental illness and how to support the recipient.
- Providing in-home servies services, therapeutic services with an interactive approach, and documenting therapeutic interventions in the client’s records in a timely manner
- Working closely with other team members in the treatment process, ensuring coordination of services is taken to meet the client needs, and coordinating appropriate discharge planning
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical (including medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off and a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Click here to see why we are a great place to work: http://benefits.devereux.org.
Keywords: non-profit, child and adolescent counseling, child therapy, marriage and family therapy, LMHC, LCSW, LMFT, crisis intervention, crisis stabilization, crisis assessment, Therapist, counselor.