At Delphi Technologies, we are dreamers who do. Our ideas inspire change. Our actions produce change. We collaborate, innovate, and execute with excellence, working hard to deliver a better drive today. And a better future, tomorrow.
Join our team. Impact the mobility transformation.
At Delphi Technologies we’re about the art of the possible. We make it possible to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. And now we are taking bold steps to do even more. We recently announced that Delphi will spin-off its Powertrain segment, which includes our Aftermarket business, into an independent company by March 2018. The new company will be a Top 50 - Tier 1 automotive supplier with $4.5B in annual revenue, over 20K employees, with operations in 17 countries and doing business with customers in over 150 countries.
As a standalone company, Delphi Technologies is positioned for continued growth, the ability to develop more focused and distinct business models, and now has flexibility to pursue our unique strategic plans to capitalize on industry trends.
Delphi Technologies Powertrain provides integration of full end-to-end gasoline and diesel engine management systems including fuel handling, fuel injection, combustion, electronic controls, test and validation capabilities, electric and hybrid electric vehicle power electronics, aftermarket and original equipment services. Powertrain designs solutions to optimize powertrain power and performance, while helping customers meet new emissions and fuel economy regulations.
Join the Powertrain team as we embark on this exciting transition and become an independent company with a passionate focus on innovative technologies and a commitment to make green possible.
About this position
Our vision is efficient, electrified vehicles for future transportation. Come work with deeply experienced technical team with 25+ years of experience in design, development and manufacturing in a fast-paced development environment. Offer an opportunity to analyze, design, and test Power Electronics Inverter Systems for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles.
Responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for project management of functional safety activities during the product development at the system, hardware and software level.
- Develop functional schedule specific to hardware & software safety mechanisms and track implementation status.
- Primary customer interface to assist with development of Functional Safety Goals and interpret such concepts for the design team.
- Development of Functional Safety Concept, Safety Case, Development Interface Agreement and Production Release Report.
- Review Technical Safety Requirements, Software and Hardware Safety Requirements Documentations.
- Perform impact analysis on customer safety goals/ safety requirements with project team.
- Communicate project technical status internally and externally.
- Perform Functional Safety Analysis (FMEA, FTA, FMEDA) and Safety Assessment
Traits we seek
Curiously investigate everything – ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
Lead with confidence – thought leaders who empower those around them
Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Delphi Technologies rewards and advantages
Competitive compensation with bonus potential
Competitive health benefits
401K with matching contribution
Learning and development opportunities
Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
Recognition for innovation and excellence
Opportunities to give back to the community
Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
Relocation assistance (if applicable).
- Bachelor’s Degree in electronics or electrical engineering
- 5+ years of engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience on a power electronics project (Inverter, DC/DC converter) as a system engineer
- 3+ years of experience in a team leader role
Nice to haves (preferred qualifications)
- Development of automotive embedded systems and microprocessors, systems simulation and modeling tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink).
- Familiarity with electric/hybrid vehicles, electric drives and electric machine controls, high voltage inverter and DC/DC converter topologies
- Knowledgeable on analysis methodology (SFMEA, FTA, FMEDA)
- Experience on the use of engineering analysis tools: Medini Analyze, Reliability Workbench, APIS-IQFMEA)