This position assists in the analysis of subsidiary financial statements and budgets, including preparing monthly write-up and interpretation of operating results. This position will also assist in the documentation of accounting rules and procedures throughout the finance & accounting organization. Assist the analysis of inventory reserve calculations, including customer service, production, and service center inventory. Also, will assist with interface with Dassault Aviation finance personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Review monthly financial subsidiary financials and prepare write-up and interpretation to Manager.
- Assist with intercompany reconciliations between DFJ, subsidiaries and Dassault Aviation.
- Review and comment on account analysis from subsidiaries.
- Review and comment on all Executive Committee and BOD presentations prepared by subsidiaries.
- Review and analyze all subsidiary budgets and forecasts.
- Review and analyze all inventory reserve calculations and substantiate methodology for DFJ and all subsidiaries.
- Work with all internal and subsidiary finance personnel to develop effective financial controls, policies and procedures.
- Monitor all financial controls within DFJ and subsidiaries.
- Interface with external and internal auditors as required
- Perform technical accounting research
- Other duties required by management.
NON-PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Independent thinker
- Previous experience working with senior management, comfortable giving presentations
- High visibility
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Accounting or Finance Degree
- MBA or CPA
- Minimum of five years experience in financial analysis or reporting.
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft office applications.
- Prior experience with a large ERP software package
- Previous experience working in a large / regional accounting firm.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to take on projects without the need for close supervision or direction.
- Exposure to ISO process
- Office environment
- Heavy PC usage
- Approximately 10% Travel required