- Candidates must be proficient in two or more of the following trades:
- Electrical - inspects, installs, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical fixtures including, ballast, outlets, and bulbs.
- HVAC – performs preventive maintenance on HVAC systems including changing filters, belts, and cleaning condensate drains and coils.
- Refrigeration – inspect and troubleshoot food and beverage equipment.
- Plumbing – inspect, installs, troubleshoots, and repairs plumbing fixtures including rebuilding flush valves and sink faucets.
- Painting – prepare surfaces for painting. Knowledgeable in proper use of brushes, rollers, spray equipment and paints for both interior and exterior uses.
- Welding – knowledgeable in one or more types of welding and the proper and safe methods of use.
- Carpentry – installs, repairs, and replaces: doors, windows, building hardware, fencing, flooring, ceiling, shelving, cabinets and counters. Constructs form work for various concrete projects.
- Stock and inventory materials and supplies.
- Clean and maintain tools, materials, and work site.
- Follow company procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as, inventory control systems and payroll systems.
High School Diploma/G.E.D.; and 4-6 years’ experience working in a building maintenance/construction related field.
- Heavy equipment/lifts: fork, reach, scissor, boom
- All forms of power tools
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
Considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, and materials used in construction or maintenance such as: carpentry, electrical, painting, plumbing, masonry, concrete, and HVAC. Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety procedures. Skilled in the operation and use of all types of power and pneumatic tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift over 50 pounds. Employee must have exceptional vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position entitles flexible working hours based on events and might include nights, weekends and major holidays.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently working near moving mechanical parts, in outdoor weather conditions, at risk of electrical shock, and in extreme heat (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work in high, precarious places, exposed to airborne particles, and vibration.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Fork, Scissor and Reach Lift
- CPR and First Aid