In general, each dock hand is responsible for carrying-out the operations of the marina. The primary concern associated with the operations of the marina is the customer. The marina is a service-driven business; therefore, the customer must be the main focus of all operations. The customer is the driving force behind every task that takes place at the marina from daily dock walks, grounds maintenance, and restroom sanitation to physically interfacing the customer at the fuel dock, storage facility, rental boats or anywhere else on-or-off the grounds. Each dock hand is a representation of our attitude towards the customer, and consequently the dock hand is the primary liaison between customers and the marina. As a result, the right person for this job will be professional and courteous towards the customer at all times. While the primary focus of the dock hand's responsibilities focus on the customer, safety is of the utmost importance. Dockhands shall carryout their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, the customer, and marina property.
Each dock hand is responsible for opening duties/daily prep, grounds clean up, general property maintenance, and all aspects of the full-service fuel dock, boat storage, and the boat rental fleet. The dock hand position requires a willingness and ability to assist with any task needed at the marina. Some of these tasks are as follows:
• Treat all customers with first class customer service
• Perform daily opening and closing job duties
• Clean, inspect, and report on the condition of the rental fleet
• Willingness to learn
• Launch and stow storage customers' boats
• Contribute towards a healthy, safe, clean, and fun work environment
• Clean restrooms, docks, walkways, sidewalks, equipment, and all other areas of the facility.
• Assist and support special events at the marina that may take place outside of normal operating hours
• Exhibit character that will lend themselves to a culture of qualities that possess and display a proactive, professional, honest, trustworthy, and strong work ethic
• Any and all other duties asked of you