The Resident Aide will assist the residents in maintaining the highest degree of quality care at all times according to current federal, state and local standards governing CBRF facilities. The Resident Aide completes assigned tasks to ensure timely, efficient and safe patient/resident care. Communication and interactions with patients, residents, families and other health team members is an essential component of this position.
• Must have or attain all CBRF certification required by the state of Wisconsin
• Must be organized and self-motivated
• Ability to work independently
• Patience, tact, enthusiasm and positive attitude toward the elderly
• Must have good communication skills
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
• Previous hospital or nursing home experience
• CPR certified
COGNITIVE OR MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
Must have organizational skills, ability to observe and report patient/resident status and implement the plan of care. Must be able to speak and understand English. Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB, DEPARTMENTAL EXPECTATIONS
• Assist in serving the meals to the residents.
• Assist in cleaning up after meals.
• Sponsoring and encouraging attendance to the activities set up for the
• Assisting with the markings of all resident laundry.
• Have all residents’ laundry done in a timely manner.
• Assisting and supervising the ADLS for each resident according to their
• service plan.
• Assisting and supervising the showers of the residents.
• Assisting the RN and CBRF Manager in gathering of data and in the
wellness monitoring so proper reports may be done.
• Answering the telephone and taking messages when the manager is not
in the building.
• Administering first aid to the residents for minor cuts and scratches.
• Notifying the nurse on duty in the nursing home if there is an emergency.
• Assisting in the passing of medications as needed, and as being qualified.
• Acting as an advocate to assure the residents’ needs are being met.
• Interacting with families and residents.
• Notifying the CBRF Manager, Assistant CBRF Manager, or Administrator
of all the resident and family grievances.
• Keep the facility clean and safe.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the CBRF Manager,
Assistant CBRF Manager, or Administrator.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
Walking, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, pushing and pulling, fine
hand coordination, ability to communicate with residents, personnel and
consultants, ability to distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures, ability to
hear and respond to pages, ability to read and write in English and ability
to remain calm under stress
Resident Right Functions
Maintain resident confidentiality; treat residents with kindness, dignity and
respect; ensure that all personnel know and comply with Resident Rights
rules; monitor services to ensure that resident needs and rights are met;
ensure that timely notice is given and strictly followed for resident
discharges and room and/or roommate changes; and, review and maintain
written records of all resident complaints and grievances, the action(s)
taken to resolve and the current status of the complaints and grievances.
Working Conditions (With or Without Reasonable Accommodation):
1. May be subject to bruises and scratched from residents striking out.
2. May be exposed to infections and odors.
3. May be involved unexpectedly, or on short notice, to tasks that involve
exposure to blood or body fluids. exposure to blood or body fluids.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS OF THE EMPLOYEE
It is the expectation that the employee complies with applicable standards of behavior and conduct, including but not limited to, standards of conduct, customer services standards, and professional code of ethics.
I have read the above Job Description and have had my questions answered