Winrock is seeking an individual consultant with experience in the development and financing of business operations or projects in Indonesia. The consultant will support Winrock International to catalyze investment in private climate adaptation and resilience projects, mainly in the agriculture and water sectors. This work is part of the US Department of State funded PIER project (Private Investment for Enhanced Resilience).
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT:
Up to 50 days, estimated beginning date on August 15, 2018 and ending on April 30, 2019.
Winrock International is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
Funded by the U.S. Department of State/OES, PIER works to increase private sector investment in resilience to climate change in eight developing countries - Bangladesh, Ghana, Guyana, Indonesia, Mozambique, Peru, Tanzania, and Vietnam. PIER will support both public and private investors to recognize and take advantage of opportunities to finance projects that build resilience and adaptation capacity. Recognizing the essential role the private sector must play in reducing risks and addressing impacts from climate change, PIER will also support leaders from public, private, and civil society in working together to prioritize investments in projects that could have long-term, positive impact for communities and private investors.
Winrock is seeking an individual consultant with experience in the development and financing of business operations or projects in Indonesia. The consultant will support Winrock International catalyze investment in private climate adaptation and resilience projects, mainly in the agriculture and water sectors. The individual should have experience working with or in a financial institution and have a solid understanding of:
• Corporate finance and financial modeling;
• How medium- or large-scale projects (> USD $1 million) are developed and financed in Indonesia;
• Retail or term financing, from intake to credit checks, supervision, collections, etc.;
• Investment risks and de-risking measures such as credit guarantees, subordinated debt, and insurance;
• The range of formal and informal financial institutions operating in Indonesia, their financial stability, and the issues they face generally.
• Set and facilitate meetings with government, donor, financial, and private sector entities
• Introduce Winrock to private entities in agriculture and water sectors
• Represent Winrock International and PIER with highest degree of professionalism
• Conduct appraisals and provide financial analysis
• Draft desk studies and technical reports
• Support trainings and workshops
Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Undergraduate degree; CFA or MBA is preferred but not required
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
Must have experience working with corporate or project finance in one of the following organizations:
a) The loan department of a commercial bank or other private financial institution;
b) A private investment firm working in private equity, asset management, real estate or corporate bonds;
c) Project development firm that structures the financing for water, infrastructure, and/or agricultural developments.
It is also desirable that the candidate has knowledge of:
• International lending in Indonesia from multilateral and bilateral finance institutions such as the World Bank;
• The project development process in Indonesia, from licensing/permitting to labor laws, tax issues and insurance;
• A knowledge of national-level plans, strategies, and responses to climate change risks in Indonesia, particularly in adaptation and resilience in the agriculture and water sectors.
• Candidates must be fluent in English and Bahasa.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. EOE/AA