Crystal Springs Resort, located in northwestern NJ less than 50 miles from Manhattan, is the Garden State's premier culinary destination. The resort includes twelve restaurants highlighted by Restaurant Latour, with ratings of four stars from the Star Ledger, 'Excellent' from The New York Timesand New Jersey Monthly Top 25. The Wine Cellar of Restaurant Latour is the creation of the resort founder, the late Gene Mulvihill, and is one of the largest and deepest cellars in the U.S. with 135,000 bottles, 9,100 labels and vintages dating back to 1795. This unique collection includes verticals of all the great chateaus of Bordeaux and Burgundy, including many prized vintages and rare bottlings such as over 100 vintages of Chateau Latour. Awards include Wine Spectator's exclusive 'Grand Award' holder since 2006.
The resort also features the contemporary American cuisine of Crystal Tavern and the seasonal Chef's Garden (summer only). Green Valley Farms at Crystal Springs produces organic vegetables, herbs and other products for the resort's restaurants, as well as chickens, bees and rabbits. Local purveyors supply the resort with produce during growing season. Major culinary events at the resort include New Jersey Wine & Food Festival (Spring), New Jersey Beer Festival (June), Oktoberfest (September), and Harvest Festival. Additionally, the property hosts guest sommelier wine dinners, monthly wine tasting classes (first Sunday of every month), and hands-on cooking classes for kids and adults.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
The banquet Cook will take full responsibility for his or her outlet by teaching employees under the guidance of the Executive Chef. The selected individual will Strive to exceed guests expectations, while working as a team
* Prepare in accordance with quality, availability and seasonality and ensure market lists are completed on a daily and weekly basis
* Strive for perfection in the outlet, 100 % Guest satisfaction
* Assist and help coordinate all menu planning and implementation
* Ensure food standards and presentation are maintained and always improved
* Organize food production in an cost effective and hygienic manner
* Maintain and monitor Safe and Sound Procedures