1. Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma and a minimum of five years of experience as a maintenance mechanic in a plant environment utilizing lift equipment, overhead cranes, air compressors and light vehicles.
- Must be a certified mechanic for the type of equipment utilized at Enterprise Concrete or be willing to take training and successfully obtain certification.
2. Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and technical specifications,.
- Ability to effectively write technical reports.
- Ability to read and understand machinery and equipment drawings and manuals.
3. Mathematical Skills
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to calculate area and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic geometry.
4. Reasoning Ability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
5. Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be meet by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk and hear.
- Manual lifting requirements are moderate to heavy, but with the assistance of other personnel and cranes
6. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. The work described will require the Maintenance Mechanic to be in the plant or yard the majority of the time. This employee will be required to wear all safety equipment required of regular plant personnel, plus any special protective equipment related to maintenance activities. The overall noise level is low, with occasional periods of moderate noise.