Catholic Charities - Diocese of Cleveland has been selected for the fifth year in a row as one of 'The Plain Dealer's Top Workplaces'. As one of the largest comprehensive health and human services organizations in the region, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland carries out Christ's healing mission here in Northeast Ohio. Catholic Charities delivers more than 150 services at 60 locations to over 400,000 individuals each year - providing help and creating hope for people of every race and religion throughout the eight counties in the Diocese of Cleveland (Ashland, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Summit and Wayne).
MRS resettles approximately 450 refugees annually from countries including Bhutan, Burma, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, Eritrea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Pakistan, and Ukraine. We respect the dignity of each person and provide a supportive environment where each individual and culture is celebrated. Building upon the courage and strength of these newcomers, we seek to empower them to achieve self-sufficiency and independence.
The Behavioral Health Specialist, under direction, will ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission, vision and values of Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland. This position will provide services to refugees/survivors of torture including Intensive Case Management, Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment, Mental Health Assessment, Chemical Dependency or Dual Diagnosis Assessment, Behavioral Health Counseling and Therapy Services, Group Therapy Services, Support and Psycho-Education Group Services, Chemical Dependency Treatment Services related to needs as defined by Individual Service Plan (ISP).
A complete job description will be provided at the first interview.
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field with 3-5 years of related experience.
- Must have LSW/LPC. Maintain professional licensure in accordance with the Ohio Administrative Code and provide Human Resources with a copy of current professional license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at date of hire.
- Must have knowledge and utilization of community resources depending on clients served.
- Must be able to form good working and therapeutic relationships.
- Must have competent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively and productively work with people of very diverse economic, cultural and administrative backgrounds.
- Must be knowledgeable and responsive to cultural diversity issues presented in the coordination of services.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, provide copy of driver’s license and are subject to a Moving Vehicle Report (MVR) check through the Department of Motor Vehicles annually. Any MVR grade of “unacceptable” is not permitted to operate a vehicle on behalf of Catholic Charities.
- Must provide proof of auto insurance including effective dates of coverage and maintain minimum liability insurance coverage of $100,000 per individual and $300,000 per occurrence for driving personal vehicle.
- Must have competent organizational skills, strong detail orientation and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently from general instructions.
- Must have good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.
|As one of the largest comprehensive health and human services organizations in the region, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland carries out Christ's healing mission here in Northeast Ohio. Catholic Charities delivers more than 150 services at 60 locations to nearly 400,000 individuals each year - providing help and creating hope for people of every race and religion throughout the eight counties in the Diocese of Cleveland (Ashland, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Summit and Wayne).