Catholic Charities – Diocese of Cleveland has been selected for the fourth year in a row as one of “The Plain Dealer’s Top Workplaces”. As one of the largest comprehensive health and human services organizations in the region, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland carries out Christ’s healing mission here in Northeast Ohio. Catholic Charities delivers more than 150 services at 60 locations to over 400,000 individuals each year – providing help and creating hope for people of every race and religion throughout the eight counties in the Diocese of Cleveland (Ashland, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Summit and Wayne).
MRS resettles approximately 450 refugees annually from countries including Bhutan, Burma, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, Eritrea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Pakistan, and Ukraine. We respect the dignity of each person and provide a supportive environment where each individual and culture is celebrated. Building upon the courage and strength of these newcomers, we seek to empower them to achieve self-sufficiency and independence.
The temporary Refugee Case Manager will have an assignment of July 16th- trhough October 1, 2018. The Refugee Case Manager will provide intensive case management to participants in our single mom's program so they can attend to their health, build support groups, and lead productive and meangful lives. Important job duties include: completing initial intake assessment, scheduling and transporting clients to appointments, facilitating group orientation, completing community outreach and training events.
A complete job description will be provided at the first interview.
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by a Bachelor’s Degree in a related international or human service field with 1-3 years experience in providing direct service to refugees and immigrants.
- Fluency in English, and another language such as: Arabic, Nepali, Somali, Russian or other relevant language that represents the client population preferred.
- Commitment to refugee and immigrant issues and rights.
- Knowledge of public policy and how it affects refugees.
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be reliable, punctual, professional, able to follow instructions and handle emergency situations.
- Must have competent organizational skills, strong detail orientation and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong administrative and computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have a valid Ohio Drivers License with no greater than 4 points and reliable means of transportation for local travel.
- Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.
|As one of the largest comprehensive health and human services organizations in the region, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland carries out Christ's healing mission here in Northeast Ohio. Catholic Charities delivers more than 150 services at 60 locations to nearly 400,000 individuals each year - providing help and creating hope for people of every race and religion throughout the eight counties in the Diocese of Cleveland (Ashland, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Summit and Wayne).