Frontier Systems Integrators is looking for an Assistant Controller to work from our Chantilly, VA corporate office.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The Assistant Controller manages the day to day operations of the finance and accounting department, including Cash, Accounts payable/receivable, and payroll activities. Prepares and develops work strategies and goals. Ensures that the organization’s financial reporting and procedures follow Koniag’s practices and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and/or approve accurate and timely financial statements including ledger entries and reconciliations, bank account and credit card reconciliations and other reports as required for group consolidation.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and assist with regulatory reporting as applicable.
- Follow defined policies for assuring financial controls are in place and being implemented.
- Assist in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Assist in preparation of reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expense and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Assist with the preparation of the Incurred Cost Submission to DCAA.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 4 years of senior level related experience
- Demonstrated background and experience in the core duties listed in the Essential functions area including leadership and staff management
- Current knowledge of GAAP and proven expertise with financial accounting and strong financial and analytical skills with the ability to deliver timely and accurate information and reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in accounting work for Government contractors
- Experience with Microsoft SL a plus
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.