Ensure that all commercial buildings are kept clean and presentable at all times. To improve the operations of KMHS in support of its stated mission. To promote the highest level of customer satisfaction and confidence to internal and external customers.
• Work independently and in a team cleaning environment while performing all work in an efficient, timely and organized manner with minimum supervision.
• Daily; clean and disinfect all restrooms, to include all vertical and horizontal surfaces, furnishings, fixtures, and hardware. Replenishing soap and paper dispensers.
• Daily; empty all interior and exterior trash receptacles and dispose of refuse appropriately. Maintain an adequate quantity of paper products in designated locations for staff utilization.
• Daily; clean all lobbies, lounges, hallways, kitchens and dinning areas, to include all vertical and horizontal surfaces, furnishings, fixtures, hardware and glass at doorways and reception desks. Replenishing amenities as required.
• Daily; clean all bedrooms, offices, stairwells, group and work rooms, to include all vertical and horizontal surfaces, furnishings, fixtures and hardware.
• Monitor and clean carpeted areas utilizing the methods outlined by Facilities Supervisor. Maintain vinyl composite flooring by striping, sealing, finishing and burnishing periodically or on an as needed basis.
• Maintain a floor and furniture care log to track maintenance needs and trends.
• Organize and stock custodial closets and carts. Maintain adequate inventory of paper and chemical supplies that could be utilized by other team members and staff.
• Utilize proper personal protection equipment. Maintain all applicable material safety data sheets and follow all chemical labeling, mixing and use instructions and regulations.
• Perform routine cleaning and periodic maintenance to keep custodial equipment in good operating condition and to maintain building aesthetics.
• Report all damage to equipment or facility, suspicious activity, security risks, or safety hazards promptly to supervisor.
• In addition to the above, any other responsibility's appropriate to the position and not specifically listed in the job description.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One year recent experience in janitorial or custodial work required. Knowledge of materials and methods used to clean and disinfect public facilities. Must be able to work independently and display good organizational skill. Understanding of material safety data sheets and safe chemical handling practices a must.
PHYSICAL CONSIDERATIONS: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger or handle, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and be able to lift 55 pounds. Some responsibilities may be near moving mechanical parts and exposed fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://Kitsap.appone.com