Develop, maintain and execute the database function for the casinos.
MEETING PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability needed to effectively execute this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage and coordinate all direct marketing activities as listed below.
· Optimize the brand experience through the mailbox by creating cascading campaigns that compliment the lifecycle of the player, enhance reinvestment and involvement in the brand across the portfolio.
· Gather/query and format all data needed for generating direct mail lists for all campaigns and deliver through secured processes to appropriate parties.
· Develop direct marketing plans and budgets.
· Cultivate direct marketing programs for the player's club, prospecting and digital campaigns, following marketing plan and budget parameters.
· Establish short- and long-range plans for department.
· Contract with and coordinate activities of off-site agencies, database suppliers, list brokers, vendors and the MLCV consumer insights team (data scientists).
· Lead development of player database and player and marketing reporting systems.
· Identify target market segments by demographic characteristics and develop strategic plans.
· Develop methods to measure effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
· Develp pre-analysis to determine offers, target revenues and response rates based on historical performance, list quantities and budget.
· Track and analyze results of marketing programs and recommends modifications based on the data.
· Provide final verification approvals on all data proofs for direct marketing campaigns.
· Review and evaluate market research to use in forecasting future direct marketing efforts.
· Communicates details for direct marketing programs to other departments involved in marketing campaigns.
· Develops, maintains and publishes reocurring or regular direct marketing reports and department financial data.
· Assist in the decisions affecting the reinvestment matrix including comps, cash back, discounts and other incentives to ensure we are investing in the right customers and activities to maximize profitability.
· Audits and verifies data collected through the various player tracking and rating systems.
· Maintains the marketing calendar and competitive calendar.
· Builds financial spreadsheet models based on specifications.
· Produces ad hoc reports and analysis as requested.
· Assist in all system conversions pertaining to setting of criteria, reinvestment, redemptions, cash and comps and any parameters needed to design an efficient, cost-effective player tracking system.
· Assist in the development of short- and long-range strategic marketing plans to enhance the opportunity for the casinos growth.
· Draft and deploy ad hoc digital customer surveys.
· Responsble for the overall hygiene and integrity of the customer database.
· Provide the statistical data and analytical support needed for all research conducted.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Manages associate staff members as defined by the organizational structure. Provides guidance and leadership for the department. Hire, train and develop associates. Coach, counsel and manage associates as needed.
· Supervises various associates assigned by the VP of Marketing.
THE COMPANY REQUIRES EVERY ASSOCIATE TO:
· Maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
· Encourage mutual respect among associates by setting positive examples.
· Maintain a professional reputation in the company and community.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Four (4) year degree in marketing, business, sociology, phycology or hospitality or a minimum of six (6) years combined experience in marketing management or higher position or similar combined experience and education.
· Minimum of three (3) years supervisory or managerial experience.
· Minimum of five (5) years database operations or warehouse experience preferred.
· Minimum of three (3) years of successful budget management experience.
· Or successful completion of a company related approved development placement program.
· Minimum of three (3) years database analysis experience required.
· Must be able to secure licensing from Gaming Regulatory Authority.
· Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
· Responsible for following DGRs.
· Must be able to reason, applying inductive and deductive logic, as well as add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, percentages, common fractions and decimals and apply simple descriptive and prescriptive statistical formulas to data sets.
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to a variety of situations in order to collect data, analyze facts and determine appropriate resonse.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to:
· Talk and hear.
· See and adjust focus to include close, distance, depth and peripheral vision.
· Stand, walk, run, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, climb, crouch and/or crawl.
· Handle objects, toolsa dn controls; reach with arms and hands;
· Lift and move objects up to 50lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to:
· A low-to-moderate noise level (offices).
· A moderate-to-loud noise level (casino and public areas).
· Second-hand cigarette/cigar smoke and e-cig vapor.