We are now offering a signing bonus for this position! We are in need of a Therapist II for our Substance Use Disorder program. Interested in learning more about position and the bonus... Apply today!
Catholic Charities – Diocese of Cleveland has been selected for the fifth year in a row as one of “The Plain Dealer’s Top Workplaces”. As one of the largest comprehensive health and human services organizations in the region, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland carries out Christ’s healing mission here in Northeast Ohio. Catholic Charities delivers more than 150 services at 60 locations to over 400,000 individuals each year – providing help and creating hope for people of every race and religion throughout the eight counties in the Diocese of Cleveland (Ashland, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Summit and Wayne).
In Summit County, Catholic Charities operates a number of programs, including Summit Adult Day Services, Behavioral Health Counseling, Camp Christopher, Help Me Grow, MAGIC Mentors, Emergency Assistance, Community Hot Meals, and a Food Pantry. Our broad spectrum of services help people grow and thrive in their youth, all the way through the late stages of life.
We are excited to announce our new program in the Akron area for IOP and outpatient counseling services to persons struggling with addiction.
The Therapist II ensure the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent iwth the mission, vision, and values of Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland. This position will work in an outpatient setting for adults; where many of the clients have a dual diagnosis and can be symptomatic from time to time, so applicanst must have knowledge and experience working with this population. Major duties include: assessment, group and individual therapy, education on addiction and mental illness, and treatment planning.
• Combination of education and experience normally represented by a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related fields with 3-5 years of related experience.
• Must have LSW/LPC.
• Must have knowledge and utilization of community resources depending on clients served.
• Must be able to form good working and therapeutic relationships.
• Must be able to navigate stairs, depending on location site.
• Must have competent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be able to effectively and productively work with people of very diverse economic, cultural and administrative backgrounds.
• Must be knowledgeable and responsive to cultural diversity issues presented in the coordination of services.
• Must have competent organizational skills, strong detail orientation and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to work independently from general instructions.
• Must have good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
• If providing transportation services, must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, provide copy of driver’s license and are subject to a Moving Vehicle Report (MVR) check through the Department of Motor Vehicles annually. Any MVR grade of “unacceptable” is not permitted to operate a vehicle on behalf of Catholic Charities.
• If transporting clients, must provide proof of auto insurance including effective dates of coverage and maintain minimum liability insurance coverage of $100,000 per individual and $300,000 per occurrence for driving personal vehicle.
• Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.
|As one of the largest comprehensive health and human services organizations in the region, Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland carries out Christ's healing mission here in Northeast Ohio. Catholic Charities delivers more than 150 services at 60 locations to nearly 400,000 individuals each year - providing help and creating hope for people of every race and religion throughout the eight counties in the Diocese of Cleveland (Ashland, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Summit and Wayne).