The Nutranext™ family of brands includes nutritional supplement industry leaders Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, NeoCell®, Stop Aging Now®, Champion Performance®, True Health®, Blessed Herbs® and Sedona Labs®. With our headquarters in Sunrise, Florida, our Global Innovation Center in Santa Cruz, California, and locations in Arizona, Maryland, Southern California and Texas, Nutranext provides opportunities for career growth and personal development.
At Nutranext, we are committed to investing in our employees' physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing. The symbolism is in our name and products. We provide opportunities and incentives to encourage learning; we create high quality products to enhance and promote a healthy life style and ongoing wellness; we offer excellent employee benefits to ensure that our employees take pride in where they work; we offer a well-equipped gym and other facilities that encourage employees to move physically and stay fit; we design working environments that are safe, comfortable, and appealing to work in; and lastly, we are built on a culture that encourages healthy communities, sustainability and environmental longevity. Come join our brands and grow with us!
The Chemist I performs chemical, biological, and physical tests in support of Company and team efforts. Analyzes and records test results, maintains the lab and assists with a variety of special laboratory projects. This position will work the hours of 1:00pm – 9:30pm Monday thru Friday. The chosen candidate will need to work the training hours of 6:30am – 3:00pm for the first two to three weeks.
What you will be doing:
- Hands-on laboratory bench work and sample testing supporting development of products. This includes but not limited to performing assay, related compounds testing, dissolution, uniformity, and other tests to characterize and demonstrate product performance.
- Perform laboratory bench work to develop, optimize, and troubleshoot analytical methods for testing raw materials and products (semi-finished and finished).
- Validate analytical methods necessary for commercialization of products. This includes evaluating validation/verification/transfer requirements, equipment acquisition/installation, reference standards/reagents, drafting protocols, methods/reports, training, specification development, and other steps as required.
- Author method validation/verification/transfer protocols and reports compliant with cGMP regulations, industry standards, and customer direction consistent with the developed installation strategy and project scope.
- Conducts laboratory testing with high degree of accuracy and precision including but not limited to quantitative weighing and dilution, sample handling and processing, instrumental analysis using HPLC, dissolution, FTIR, Karl Fischer, and other techniques as required.
- Work in conjunction with senior staff to provide scientific contributions toward improvement, troubleshooting, method development and validation. Works through problems with method installation / acts quickly, efficiently, and relentlessly until root cause is determined and solution is found.
- Interact with project teams as required to obtain information, influence decisions, and drive the project forward. Serves as the analytical expert and contributing member on project teams.
- Perform administrative functions, materials sourcing, vendor inquiries, exploration of new technologies as required to effect rapid and efficient project progression.
- Work efficiently, minimizing distractions and managing time to meet expected deadlines. Provide regular reports on progress to leadership and during team meetings.
- Work in compliance of all US and international regulatory agencies and compliance requirements as they relate to analytical testing.
- Perform and document routine chemistry testing on Raw Material, Stability, and Finished Goods in accordance with GMPs and GLPs.
- Review and approve testing documentation (notebook write-ups, worksheets, etc.).
- Assist team with laboratory investigations.
- Create, uphold and revise standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all work areas are maintained in a neat and orderly fashion. Perform necessary cleaning, maintenance, and calibration of instrumentation, as required
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science
- Prior experience and training in a professional laboratory environment
- Familiar with Liquid chromatography, ICP, FTIR, Karl Fisher, Particle Size Analyzer and basic assay of Vitamins and Minerals
- Master’s Degree in Science or related field
- Prior nutraceutical industry experience
For more information please visit our career page at www.nutranext.net
Nutranext formerly Nature’s Products Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to share that we have been the recipient of the following awards for Wellness:
· Healthiest Employer of South Florida Nominee 2014 (Med Company)
· Healthiest Employer of South Florida Winner 2015 (Med Company)
· Healthiest Employer of South Florida Winner 2016 (Med Company)
· Healthiest Employer of Bay Area Winner 2016 (Small Company)
· Healthiest Employer of The Valley in Arizona (Small Company)
· American Heart Association Gold Fit Friendly Award 2015
· American Heart Association Platinum Fit Friendly 2016
· American Heart Association Innovative Work Place 2016
· Worksite Wellness Award 2015 for Miami Dade Consortium (Med Company)
· Worksite Wellness Award 2017 for Miami Dade Consortium (Med Company)
· Best Health & Wellness Program 2017 - Excellence in HR Awards (Miami Chamber of Commerce)