Help Desk Specialist I:
Astor & Sanders Corporation, an award winning IT solutions provider located in Rockville, MD, is currently seeking a Help Desk Specialist to provide desktop and technical support to over 10,000 users. This is a full time position located in Ashland, Oregon. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist customers with and resolve routine application questions.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware problems.
- Appropriately escalate problems to appropriate systems engineers.
- Respond to all requests for assistance and determine the appropriate actions to resolve problems within agreed upon time frames in a timely and courteous manner.
- Log and report each service request and problem report. Familiarity with the use of trouble ticketing system (Footprints, Remedy, etc.)
- Close out trouble calls within time frames (specified in the performance requirements summary)
- Run SQL Server-based data reports requested by the Government.
- Assist customers with all versions of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Track and log annual user compliance.
- Test software upgrades provided by the Government, provide user upgrade plan, schedule upgrades with users and conduct upgrades
- Notify government of any unresolved user problems, outstanding trouble calls or other areas of concern
- 0-2 years of help desk support experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 7/10, Active Directory, Apple/iOS and Android devices, Microsoft Remote Desktop, Bomgar, Footprints, Remedy.
- Experience using Google Mail, Calendar and Drive
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Must have a positive team player attitude
- Strong analytical skills and be a creative self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Excellent time management skills to coordinate many different types of diverse activities
- High level of analytical and technical skills and mastery of software is required to maintain data
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner
Founded in 1991, Astor and Sanders delivers state-of-the-art technical IT solutions to public and private sector clients. Our commitment to every customer is to deliver quality, value, and outstanding service on time and within budget. Our goal is to provide highly qualified information technology services to our customers and help our customers stay ahead of the curve, and meet the challenges and needs of the progressive market.
Astor provides a progressive work environment with continuous growth, and endorses a collaborative work atmosphere modeled to encourage opportunities from within. Astor promotes an environment of continuous learning, allowing our employees to continuously grow and contribute their constant best to the SID team. Our benefits package includes: health, dental, disability, life insurance; paid holiday, paid time off; 401K plan with employer contribution; training reimbursement; metro-check program, etc.
Astor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information.