Koniag Information Security Services (KSS) has an opening for highly qualified, experienced and self-motivated individual to perform the duties of a Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) Operations and Maintenance O&M Technician. These positions are on-site with the customer in Ft. Meade, Maryland. This position is available for immediate fill.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, paid time off, and more.
The Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) Operations and Maintenance O&M Technician applicant must be able to engineer and manage all aspects of the DRSN and Digital Small Switch (DSS) networks. Provide standardized, configuration management for the DRSN/DSS infrastructure and administer the DRSN/DSS infrastructure configuration management. The applicant must be able to create and articulate status reports (written and verbal), network anomaly analysis, design engineering changes/upgrades, and evaluate security vulnerabilities. Generate and update status tickets. Shift work and limited travel may be required
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Must have a current TOP SECRET/SCI with CI Poly
- Please do not apply for this opportunity if you do not meet this requirement.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Must have a Red Switch certificate of training and at least two years of experience with Red Switch.
- An additional four years of Red Switch experience can be substituted for the Red Switch certificate of training.
- Strong knowledge of various protocols for data transmission (RS-232, RS-530, T1), and encryption hardware used in the DRSN/DSS networks.
- Capable of developing training scenarios and documentation to build expertise among team.
- Posses Remedy ticketing experience.
- Must be capable of communicating (written and verbal) effectively.
- Security+ or CISSP certification desired.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.