SUMMARY: Works with the Patch Crew Foreman to perform the work related to finishing and patching fabricated precast concrete products while on jobsites.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs precast patching procedures in accordance with architectural specifications and PCI standards. This includes specific concrete mix designs, acid etch, water wash or sandblasting operations required to finish the product.
- Operates a boom lift or climbs ladders in order to access areas of the building that require precast patching procedures.
- Communicates to Patch Crew Foreman on a regular basis adequate supply of materials used in finishing and patching are on hand and that all equipment is in safe working condition. Reports problems as needed.
- Meets regularly with the Patch Crew Foreman to discuss operational problems and to provide input on improvement of work processes and work flow.
- Comes to work regularly and on time, in accordance with company policy and demonstrates loyalty to the company and mutual respect for other Enterprise personnel.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining plant and yard safety in accordance with the Company Safety Manual and OSHA industry standards.
Education and/or Experience
- HS Diploma or GED plus a minimum of one year in the architectural precast industry or concrete finishing.
- Applicant must pass written and field tests for man lift, scissor lift and all other equipment.
- Ability to learn other skills in the finishing of concrete products that is specific to the precast industry.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read instructions, notices, and handbooks.
- Ability to communicate ideas and observations and understand verbal and written instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be meet by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and talk and hear. Lifting requirements are moderate to heavy, both with the assistance of cranes, fork lifts and other personnel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
The work described will require the Patch Crew Member to be on various construction jobsites and at times be exposed to extreme weather conditions. This employee will be required to wear all safety equipment required of construction OSHA standards, plus special protective equipment required for sandblasting, patching, and acid etch operations.
The overall noise level is low, with occasional periods of moderate noise.
Pre-Employment Drug Screen, Post Offer Physical, Criminal Background Check and Employment Verification are all part of our hiring process.