KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proficient in software applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and
• Knowledge of county government functions and practices of governmental accounting.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining high level of concentration and accuracy despite constant interruptions.
• Ability to utilize mathematical formulas; to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers; to determine percentages and decimals, to analyze statistical data.
• Ability to read and/or prepare a variety of forms and documents including budget requests, various budget-related reports, etc., using proper format.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with management, employees, employee representatives, business professionals and the general public.
• Ability to utilize tact and diplomacy to deal effectively with general public and fellow employees.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing utilizing proper English (grammar, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure).
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction, complex policies, laws, and directives.
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
• Three (3) years purchasing experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid Florida Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to insurance provider.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
• Acceptable vision (with or without correction)
• Acceptable hearing (with or without correction)
• Ability to sit at a desk and view a display screen for extended periods of time.
• Ability to enter and retrieve data from a computer at a prescribed rate of speed.
• Must be able to communicate using speech, hearing, and vision skills.
• Inside in an office environment.
• Works closely with others.
Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
FLSA Non - Exempt Status