Service Advisor - Excellent Family Environment.
Come work as a Service Advisor at a growing company that offers exceptional opportunities to advance and learn alongside industry experts.
STS-Truck Services is a family owned company located in Blair, Nebraska that has been operating for 10 years and has been recognized as the truck service experts by HDA Truck Pride.
We're looking for professional and well organized individual to become our Service Advisor for our heavy duty truck and trailer repair facility. This individual will be a key member of our team as a primary contact for our current and future clients working to understand and meet their needs. You will serve as the primary contact as well as scheduling, supervising and assisting the service technicians responsible for delivering the top of the line quality work in a safe work environment.
- Responsible for receipt and work flow of all incoming work from start to finish. This includes all communication with clients as well as other internal departments.
- Greet clients in a timely and friendly manner, obtain all specific vehicle information including accurate odometer reading and noticeable damage to the vehicle, and verify all client information for communication and invoicing purposes.
- Document clients' vehicle issues and concerns or maintenance requirements accurately and clearly.
- Review DVIR and reported client issues then create repair orders.
- Maintain all RO processes. Review and close company and client invoices. Accept payment.
- Operate TMT Vehicle Maintenance Program
- Supervise mechanics performing truck, trailer, equipment maintenance and repair with a focus on safety, reliability, client service, image, and efficiency.
- Coordinate and schedule work performed for the shop during shift with clients and driver managers. Excellent professionalism and accurate communication is required.
- Investigate progress of vehicle repairs and contact client with status changes.
- Provide work direction, coordination and specialized guidance to mechanics regarding the repair and maintenance of vehicles. Ensure work quality, cleanliness and safety standards are met.
- Ensrure that preventative maintenance and campaigns are completed on schedule.
- Through teamwork, leadership, and the management of job training, help provide a safe work environment by ensuring compliance with all company policies and government regulations.
- Help to build our current list of clientele by educating potential clients about the services we provide.
- Backup to the Service Manager and Assistant Service Manager.
- Perform maintenance, locate parts, diagnose and repair the vehicles when needed.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related industry work experience
- At least one (1) year experience in supervisory capacity.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions
- Ability to prioritize work, provide excellent customer service and possess basic computer skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class A CDL a plus
- Paid holidays, vacation, orientation and training
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Great pay including PTO and paid holidays
- Great benefits
- Family owned and operated with a team environment
If you are interested in this position and would like to be considered, please contact Susan Collins at 402-237-7475 or 402-533-2030.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.