I. JOB SUMMARY
Provide general oversight and supervision for guests/swimmers frequenting aquatic facilities and attractions operated by Jeff Ellis Management, LLC.
II. DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Lifeguards must consistently perform the following duties:
• Maintain vigilance of guests/swimmers by consistently scanning swimmer protection zones to maintain the E&A “10/20 Protection Rule”
• Enforce safety rules, riding instructions and regulations for the safety of guests/swimmers
• Render aid by rescuing distressed swimmers
• Provide first aid and emergency care for guests/swimmers who suffer injuries or sudden illness
III. OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lifeguards must perform the following additional duties:
• Perform daily facility maintenance and sanitation duties to provide and maintain a safe and aesthetically inviting aquatic facility for guests/swimmers
• Perform other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully an individual must 15 years of age or older and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Lifeguard must be able to continuously swim a distance of 200 yards (without resting) using the front crawl and/or breaststroke
- Lifeguard must be able to tread water without using hands in deep water for two minutes
- Lifeguard must be able to recover a 10 pound weight from eight feet (8’) water depth