Amyx is seeking to hire a Financial Analyst - FIAR Auditor with Property, Plant and Equipment (PP&E) experience located in Fort Belvoir, VA. This position will be supporting the JIDO MSS contract. As a Financial Analyst, you will assess utilize your knowledge to provide financial improvement and audit readiness (FIAR) support to assist a Department of Defense (DoD) client with achieving and sustaining audit readiness for the Acquire to Retire (A2R) business processes. Evaluate the operational design and effectiveness of internal controls and the Accountable Property System of Record (APSR) information systems, perform substantive testing of key supporting documents, develop and implement corrective actions to address audit findings, and support the client in responding to external audits. Review policies and procedures for financial reporting and cost accounting, as needed.
Responsibilities and Daily Tasks:
· Provide support to the financial management and logistics operations solutions, internal control management, and audit readiness support.
· Provide support to the financial improvement and audit readiness team to build infrastructure to support an audit examination.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) and support sustainment testing.
· Monitor and manage requests from auditors into the organization and back into the audit infrastructure.
· Develop, document and maintain the Business Process Management (Functional Analysis, Service Analysis, Process Analysis, Work Analysis and Information Analysis) regarding Acquire to Retire.
· Document, update, and maintain process flows regarding Leases for Real Property (RP), Construction in Progress (CIP), General Equipment (GE), Software in Progress (SIP), Operating, Material & Supplies (OM&S) and Environmental Liabilities (EL).
· Create and analyze the development and implementation of business process memorandums and standard operating procedures related to the client’s financial business processes and ensure that each of the processes are auditable.
· Perform analysis of business processes and internal controls to identify risks.
· Update, create and analyze existing processes and work with the client to reduce process variations that occur with the Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI), Accountable Property Stock Record (APSR), Real Property Asset Database (RPAD), Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS), external and homegrown systems.
· Assist in documenting, implementing, and training personnel on the approved standard processes for Acquire to Retire.
· Document and perform gap analysis on standard business processes for Property, Plant and Equipment (PP&E). Apply the principles of the Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed (RACI) methodology.
· Research policies and provide guidance related to property management, Department of Defense (DoD) Best Practice, Equipment Management Capability Maturity Model (EMCMM).
· Identify and document concepts and principles to Policies and Procedures applying the five (5) elements and principals of Criteria, Condition, Cause, Effect and Recommendation (CCCER) model.
· Retrieve baseline population from various Accountable Property Systems of Record (APSR).
· Develop documentation for the Net Book Value (NBV) concept and Deem Cost valuations.
· Research and document valuation approaches (DoD and Federal) to determine beginning balances for Property, Plant and Equipment.
· Develop and present approval change management initiatives related to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
· Test controls related to OMB A-123 and FIAR compliance.
· Pull drill down analysis of multiple sets of data.
· Financial reporting
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· MBA, MA, or MS degree in Accounting or a related field a plus
· Master’s Degree preferred
· Professional certification preferred (e.g. CPA, CDFM, CGFM, CISA, CIA, CEA, CPPM)