Grand Cascades Lodge
Front Desk Supervisor job description
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Front Desk, Bell Desk, and Concierge in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
· Respond to all guests’ requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front desk or through reservations, comments, or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Front Desk personnel according to Crystal Springs SOPs.
· Train in all aspects of Maestro and be able to fully utilize its features.
· Develop employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services personnel.
· Participate in the MOD schedule as required.
· Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
· Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
· Work closely with accounting on follow up items such as rejected credit cards, discrepancies, etc.
· Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance and report generation and analysis.
· Ensure staff greets and welcomes all guests approaching the Front Desk as per Grand Cascades sop.
· Understand Hospitality terms and ensure implementation of all Crystal Springs Resorts policies and procedures.
· Ensure logging and delivery of all messages and packages for guests in a timely manner.
· Must maintain constant communication with Housekeeping, Reservations, Maintenance, Aquatics, and Sales Department.
· Ensure correct cash handling at the Front Desk.
· Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, employees and other Managers.
· Maintain key control and radio control system.
· Focus on the importance of the Guest Services Departments in driving guest experience.
· Monitor all VIP arrivals, group arrivals, requests, amenities and ensure proper servicing.
· Responsible for emailing the recap of his/her shift to all the necessary departments and Management.
· At least 2 years progressive experience in a hotel, preferably a AAA 4 Diamond environment.
· At least a 2-year college degree in hospitality.
· Supervisory experience required.
· Must be proficient in Windows.