The employee will manage the office environment to meet the needs and challenges of
the Center. Provide secretarial/administrative assistance the the Director, 1000 Islands
Environmental Center Committee and other staff. Files all receipts, invoices and all
other monies with the City finance department. The position requires the ability to work
with and assist all other positions as necessary. The work schedule requires flexible
hours, some evenings and weekends as needed. This is a part-time position at present
working 20 hours per week.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assist in general operation of the Nature Center during regular and after-hours
operations as needed.
2. Performs secretarial duties for Director and other staff including typing, composing
general correspondence, reports, forms, computer operation and general office
3. Prepares all documentation for Board and other sub-committee meetings of Center
Committee. Acts as a secretary for all board meetings.
4. Receives and receipts all monies coming into the Center, including endowment and
memorial funds. Records all bills and statements and processes for payments with
City's Finance office.
5. Updates Center computer records. Keeps all mailing lists current for the Center
including City, Friends, memorials, schools, and any other lists.
6. Keeps Center calendar and records scheduling and reservations for all the Center
events including schools visits and programs, public programs, building rentals and
other miscellaneous events along with the Director.
7. Maintains Center files and updates on a scheduled basis. This includes Center
Committee general policy manual. Updates and inserts new policies and deletes
obsolete or out of date policies.
8. Coordinates recruiting and scheduling of volunteer workers. Includes receiving and
processing applications, maintaining training log and training volunteers in office
9. Records and receipts all monies and finances for the Friends of the 1000 Islands
including fund raising and donations. Provides all necessary reports and
corresponding financial information to Friends.
10. Prepares and assists in Friends' fund raising and other projects and programs
including preparatory typing, mailings and any records keeping necessary. Includes
working days of projects/programs as needed.
11. Prepares all regular materials for Friend's regular meetings.
12. Prepares material for submission to the Center's Cat-Tales and coordinates all
mailings and other necessary work.
13. Maintains the Center website as well as the Center content on City website.
14. All other work responsibilities as assigned by Center Committee.
Work hours are:
Tuesday - Friday: 9-2:30 (includes 1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
Saturday from 10:00a.m. - 3:30p.m. once a month