Position Summary: The Resident Academic Manager serves as the key liaison among the School of Architecture at Taliesin students, faculty, Taliesin community members, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation and Taliesin Preservation, Inc. Manages day-to-day community projects and issues pertaining to residential and School use of facilities. Oversees student, resident, and guest housing at both campus locations. Manages community and school related events. Ensures students have a positive, healthy and safe environment to live and learn in. PLEASE NOTE TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to move between Arizona and Wisconsin seasonally (May and October); accommodations provided.
Facilities (in coordination with the Foundation’s Facilities Manager)
• Manages and coordinates seasonal opening/closing of school housing and campus spaces, to include Studio, classrooms, and shared spaces.
• Coordinates with facilities maintenance schedules and reconciliation of school and shared facilities.
• Serves student and residential safety officer for all School and Residential facilities and acts as liaison with Foundation.
• Coordinates with Chef and kitchen staff for student and residential meal setup, planning, and preparation.
Guest Room Management:
· Oversees and administesr guest-housing procedures at Taliesin and Taliesin West for guests of the School, Foundation, and TPI.
· Oversees and maintains guest housing lists and secures guest housing agreements.
· Provides on-call residence life/hospitality support, and orientation to overnight guests.
· Collaborates with Facilities/Housekeeping in the preparation and maintenance of guest accommodations.
• Acts as a resource for students, community members, and Foundation and Taliesin Preservation staff with questions or concerns pertaining to student residence life.
• Oversees assignment and communication of seasonal and weekly work lists.
• Manages and coordinates arrival procedures for incoming students; conducts residential orientation and tour training; ensures participation in all training and safety related orientation (shop, site, and property).
• Oversees the planning, coordination, and execution of special social events at Taliesin such as Wright’s Birthday, Taliesin Evenings, Easter Celebrations, School Fundraisers, Graduation. Acts as the School’s point person for other Foundation events that require School involvement, and supervises staff, students, and community members in related event duties.
• Contributes to community communication efforts to inform residential members about changes in School or Foundation policies, events, or updates that impact residents.
• Provides residence life support as needed to established School programs such as the Taliesin Immersion Program, annual University of Madison-Milwaukee Historic American Buildings Survey, Chicago Architecture Foundation’s Newhouse program, the Taliesin Artist Residency Program, and pilot continuing education programs, as well as extended visits by occasional school/special interest groups.
Assessment and Outreach:
• Participates in school committees as related to position for program improvement and student outcomes.
Other duties as assigned.