The Nutranext family of brands includes nutritional supplement industry leaders Rainbow Light, Natural Vitality, Stop Aging Now, Champion Performance, Nutri-Health, True Health, Vitamin Resource Products, Health Resources, Blessed Herbs and Sedona Labs. With our headquarters in Sunrise, Florida, our Global Innovation Center in Santa Cruz, California, and locations in Arizona, Maryland, and Texas, Nutranext provides opportunities for career growth and personal development.
At Nutranext, we are committed to investing in our employees' physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing. The symbolism is in our name and products. We provide opportunities and incentives to encourage learning; we create high quality products to enhance and promote a healthy life style and ongoing wellness; we offer excellent employee benefits to ensure that our employees take pride in where they work; we offer a well-equipped gym and other facilities that encourage employees to move physically and stay fit; we design working environments that are safe, comfortable, and appealing to work in; and lastly, we are built on a culture that encourages healthy communities, sustainability and environmental longevity. Come join our brands and grow with us!
Reporting to the Senior Supervisor, Product Development, and as a member of the Product Development team, the Process Engineering Technician II works under time-sensitive conditions in a CGMP manufacturing environment. Responsibilities include: Provides assistance to the Formulators to complete the Pilot projects and solves advanced manufacturing issues by setting up the machines, weighing and transferring raw materials and keeping the laboratory area in good condition as per cGMPs and cGLPs. Also, continuously strives to learn new skills to support the science behind formulations.
What you will be doing:
- Ability to Navigate E-synergy for Pilot Request, Change Control, inventory adjustment request, and download/attach PD documents to track, open and close pilots of NPI clients. Also, document any comments related to the performance of formulas during the pilot stage.
- Ability to complete all physical testing of batches within the Pilot Batch Records with sufficient technical detail to aid in the completion of the pilot.
- Ability to work independently to locate raw materials, pharmacy weighing and blend pilots between 5Kg – 50kg. This will include a need to be able to use forklift and be well trained in general pharmacy procedures, use of blending equipment (V-Blender and Drum blender).
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment such as weighing scales, blenders, tablet press, encapsulation machine and coating machine (Perforated and non-perforated pans). Be able to assemble, disassemble, clean and operate basic Tablet presses (e.g. JMCO) and Encapsulation machine (e.g. Schaefer, PAM), with minimum supervision (Training will be provided if needed).
- Knowledge of testing equipment such as Hardness tester, Disintegration bath, Friability tester, Tablet thickness measurement and Slug tester.
- Ability to navigate SAP system to create/modify Formula quotes, close processing steps for the Pilots.
- Ability to use Excel, Word and Outlook email on regular basis.
- Ability to derive guidance and instructions from Senior Supervisor, PD for pilots evaluation and formulation concepts.
- Ability to liaison with all levels of management and staff.
- Knowledge and responsibility to perform physical testing of raw materials, such as bulk density, tapped density and particle size distribution.
- Ability to create or modify “Mixing Instructions” and “In-Process Limits” for products under development or being reformulated.
What you bring to the team:
- High school diploma
- 2-4 years’ experience in the Weighing, Blending and Manufacturing (Compression/Encapsulation) of solid dose and powder products in the nutraceutical field.
- Knowledge of raw materials used in the nutraceutical field.
- Good math skills.
- Knowledge of operation of computer programs such as Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of database programs such as E-Synergy and SAP.
- Ability to multitask, handling multiple projects at any one time and ensuring that they are brought through to completion.
For more information please visit our career page at www.nutranext.net
Nutranext formerly Nature’s Products Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to share that we have been the recipient of the following awards for Wellness:
· Healthiest Employer of South Florida Nominee 2014 (Med Company)
· Healthiest Employer of South Florida Winner 2015 (Med Company)
· Healthiest Employer of South Florida Winner 2016 (Med Company)
· Healthiest Employer of Bay Area Winner 2016 (Small Company)
· Healthiest Employer of The Valley in Arizona (Small Company)
· American Heart Association Gold Fit Friendly Award 2015
· American Heart Association Platinum Fit Friendly 2016
· American Heart Association Innovative Work Place 2016
· Worksite Wellness Award 2015 for Miami Dade Consortium (Med Company)
· Worksite Wellness Award 2017 for Miami Dade Consortium (Med Company)
· Best Health & Wellness Program 2017 - Excellence in HR Awards (Miami Chamber of Commerce)