Koniag Technology Solutions (KTS) is looking for an experienced Help Desk Specialist to join our team. This is a direct, full-time position with our company working at our customer’s site. Days/hours are TBD; occasional rotational weekend and/or holiday coverage may be required.
This position is considered Essential/Mission Critical, which means the employee is expected to report for work and/or remain at work despite late reporting, early dismissal and/or closure due to weather conditions. During inclement weather conditions, Essential/Mission Critical employees are not to leave the job site unless dismissed by a member of Team KTS management or designated point of contact.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a client-sponsored HSPD-12 Suitability clearance.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k; flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, a PTO program and more.
The Help Desk Specialist works in a call center environment, providing detailed call/problem documentation of reported incidents utilizing the Change, Asset and Problem Reporting System (CAPRS). Problem reporting in the CAPRS is required in both real-time voice and emergency notifications. Problem resolution is accomplished via telephone and/or remote software in teh Windows operating system environment. The candidate will function as a Call Intake Analyst (CIA), identifying and reporting on a wide variety of hardware, software, mainframe access and print problem determination/escalation.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Dispatch all vendor hardware tickets as established by defined priority levels
- Perform problem resolution via the telephone and/or the use of remote software in the Windows operating system environment
- Utilize email (Instant Messaging product used to communicate in the Call Center) and InfoCast applications
- Monitor the information posted on InfoCast, Severity 1 report and message boards in the work area, and be aware of current issues affecting widespread application availability
- Perform the following activities:
- 1st call problem screening
- Problem documentation using CAPRS
- Problem determination
- Problem diagnosis
- Problem resolution
- Provide knowledge base article suggestions
- Adhere to all call center SOPs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 6 months' experience with Windows Operating System workstation/server, Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) 2.0, Microsoft Exchange/Outlook, client/server applications, Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), very high speed Backbone Network Service (vBNS), Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), VoIP and Cisco routers
- 1 year of Help Desk/Call Center experience preferred
- Excellent oral/written command of English
- Must possess a working knowledge of the majority of the skills and technologies annotated above, and must be able to learn, with provided training, those skills and technologies in which he/she lacks requisite experience.
- Candidate is required to be Dell Premier Access certified (at no cost) within 6 months of employment start date; proficiency in CAPRS is required within 2-4 weeks of employment start date.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The duties frequently require lifting or manipulating up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire on a status of your application.