|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Disability Rights New York (DRNY), the Protection and Advocacy System for New York State, is seeking an experienced individual with a passion for achieving justice for individuals with disabilities. This is an opportunity to join a statewide organization advancing the civil rights and legal rights of people with disabilities. DRNY challenges systemic abuse, neglect, discrimination, and legal rights violations through legal case-handling, individual and systemic reform litigation, public investigations, advocacy, and collaboration with stakeholders. Justice for individuals with disabilities is DRNY's focus.
Disability Rights New York (DRNY) is seeking Communications and Marketing Interns. DRNY is a not for profit organization that provides free legal and advocacy services to individuals with disabilities across New York State. Check us out on our DRNY YouTube Channel & our most recent DRNY Newsletter.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our high-performing team and gain exposure to all aspects of Communications and Marketing. The successful Intern will be provided the opportunity to utilize their skills and experiences to help improve the lives of people with disabilities.
DRNY will provide practical real world experiences through active participation, direct exposure and engagement in a variety of functions. Interns will work closely with the Communications and Marketing Team, as well as Executive staff members to craft DRNY’s statewide message.
The Communications/Marketing Intern will perform a wide range of duties, including the following:
- Update and improve consistency of current and outdated content;
- Assist with the development and execution of social media strategies
- Assist with the development and management of the DRNY website, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Write, proofread, and edit brochures, newsletters, and other documents;
- Write for a variety of audiences in different tones and voices;
- Interview individuals and attend meetings to obtain items for publication;
- Collaborate with internal departments on projects and assignments;
- Demonstrate interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community.
- Interest to assist in SM video content creation and act as a production assistant.
- Experience in marketing or communications, OR pursuing a degree in either marketing or communications;
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and balance competing priorities;
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and willingness to take initiative and be proactive;
- Comfortable working with different personalities, new people and subject matter experts;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign);
- Knowledge of social media, and personal experience with social media;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with innate attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member.
Work typically performed in an office environment with the majority of time spent working on a computer. This position is based at DRNY's Albany Office - some travel may be required to locations within Albany area.
Interested candidates please apply and include the following for consideration: cover letter, resume, and sample of social media work (can be video, blog, article, etc).
To view more about our organization, check out our YouTube videos highlighting DRNY’s mission in advocating for the civil rights of individuals with disabilities. Please visit our DRNY YouTube Channel and review our DRNY Newsletter.