Are you interested in looking for an opportunity to further your experience in the behavior health field? Are you looking for a supportive environment that offers you the ability to make a significant impact on people’s lives? If you answered YES to ither of these questions, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
Being a Behavioral Interventionist has its Advantages
As a Behavioral Interventionist at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
Full and part-time positions are available as follows:
· Sunday thorough Saturday 7am-3pm, 3-11pm, and 11pm-7am
· Monday-Friday 7am-9am
Pay rate is $15.00-$18/hour, depending on qualifications
Responsibilities of the Behavioral Interventionist/Direct Support Professional II include but are not limited to:
· Effectively implement individual behavioral support plans based on ABA principles
· Utilize positive reinforcement and antecedent manipulation to increase appropriate behaviors
· Ensures Individuals are safe, healthy, and living in a clean environment
· Assists and supports in the planning, implementation, and documentation of programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs of Individuals
· Assists, supports, and instructs individuals on activities of daily living such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, budgeting, paying bills, grocery shopping, bathing, toileting and personal hygiene.
· Accompanies Individuals on community outings, medical appointments, and other activities, as indicated
· Must be willing to work with individuals who may exhibit challenging and/or aggressive behaviors
You will work under the direction of the program administrator. A BCBA or designee will provide ongoing supervision to staff in process of obtaining their Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) certification, and once obtained, in order to maintain it.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health California provides programs and services for adults with intellectual and developmental diagnosis. Located in Goleta, CA this position is responsible for ensuring the safety and environment of our clients. In addition to supporting our individuals in self-help skills designed to encourage independence.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,000 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical, dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer generous time-off policies and a 403(b) retirement plan, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Click on the following link to see why we are a great place to work: http://benefits.devereux.org.
Keywords: direct care staff, caregiver, social services, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, direct support professional, behavioral interventionist