At Delphi Technologies, we are dreamers who do. Our ideas inspire change. Our actions produce change. We collaborate, innovate, and execute with excellence, working hard to deliver a better drive today. And a better future, tomorrow.
Join our team. Impact the mobility transformation.
At Delphi Technologies, we’re about the art of the possible. We make it possible to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. And now we are taking bold steps to do even more. We recently completed a spin-off into a Top 50 - Tier 1 automotive supplier with $4.5B in annual revenue, over 20K employees, with operations in 17 countries and doing business with customers in over 150 countries.
As a standalone company, Delphi Technologies is positioned for continued growth, the ability to develop more focused and distinct business models, and now has flexibility to pursue our unique strategic plans to capitalize on industry trends.
Delphi Technologies provides integration of full end-to-end gasoline and diesel engine management systems including fuel handling, fuel injection, combustion, electronic controls, test and validation capabilities, electric and hybrid electric vehicle power electronics, aftermarket and original equipment services. Delphi Technologies designs solutions to optimize powertrain power and performance, while helping customers meet new emissions and fuel economy regulations.
Join the Delphi Technologies team as we embark on this exciting transition and become an independent company with a passionate focus on innovative technologies and a commitment to make green possible.
About this position
The Advanced Engineering - Electrical Engineer will be supporting Advanced Powertrain Electronics including Powertrain Electronics and Electrification. The Advanced Engineering - Electrical Engineer will be responsible for support research and development of Powertrain Electrification products including Inverters and motor drives, DC/DC Converters, Chargers and Battery Management systems.
Responsibilities and duties
• Develop Next Generation Powertrain Electronics Electrification Products
• Able to work independently or in a group environment on electrical hardware design tasks
• Work with new business and advanced group to develop new concepts and products
• Review customer specifications
• Design Electrification Products (Will work on one or more of the electrification products below)
• Electrical design and schematic capture for DC/AC Inverters
• Electrical design and schematic capture for DC/DC Converters
• Electrical design and schematic capture for On-board Chargers
• Electrical design and schematic capture for Battery Management Systems
• Perform worst case analysis and simulations to ensure compliance to customer requirements
• Support product design reviews
• Develop and maintain electrical DFMEA
• Generate electrical information to MCAD and ECAD for PCB layout and support ECAD designer
• Support hardware prototype builds
• Characterize and test product performance
• Present product design, analysis and testing to customer
Traits we seek
Curiously investigate everything – ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
Lead with confidence – thought leaders who empower those around them
Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Delphi Technologies rewards and advantages
Competitive compensation with bonus potential
Competitive health benefits
401K with matching contribution
Learning and development opportunities
Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
Recognition for innovation and excellence
Opportunities to give back to the community
Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Candidates for positions with Delphi Technologies must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.