Education and Experience - High school diploma or GED; 4 years' experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area. OR - 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years' experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Skills and Knowledge
- Cooking - Ability to prepare and present meals utilizing culinary principles, standards, techniques and equipment (e.g., grilling, sautÃ©ing, broiling, baking, using decorative food displays, following recipes).
- Food Production and Presentation - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for preparing and presenting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques and sanitation standards.
- Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
-Management Competencies - Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.