Crystal Springs Resort, located in northwestern NJ less than 50 miles from Manhattan, is the Garden State’s premier culinary destination. The resort includes twelve restaurants highlighted by Restaurant Latour, with ratings of four stars from the Star Ledger, “Excellent” from The New York Times and New Jersey Monthly Top 25. The Wine Cellar of Restaurant Latour is the creation of the resort founder, the late Gene Mulvihill, and is one of the largest and deepest cellars in the U.S. with 135,000 bottles, 9,100 labels and vintages dating back to 1795. This unique collection includes verticals of all the great chateaus of Bordeaux and Burgundy, including many prized vintages and rare bottlings such as over 100 vintages of Chateau Latour. Awards include Wine Spectator’s exclusive “Grand Award” holder since 2006.
The resort also features the contemporary American cuisine of Crystal Tavern and the seasonal Chef’s Garden (summer only), as well as Schuss and Hawks Nest (winter only). Green Valley Farms at Crystal Springs produces organic vegetables, herbs and other products for the resort’s restaurants, as well as chickens, bees and rabbits. Local purveyors supply the resort with produce during growing season. Major culinary events at the resort include New Jersey Wine & Food Festival (Spring), New Jersey Beer Festival (June), Oktoberfest (September), and Harvest Festival. Additionally, the property hosts guest sommelier wine dinners, monthly wine tasting classes (first Sunday of every month), and hands-on cooking classes for kids and adults.
Accountable for overall success of the banquet daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all banquet (corporate, social, weddings) food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
The banquet Chef will take full responsibility for his or her outlet by leading, teaching and disciplining employees under the guidance of the Executive Chef. The selected individual will Strive to exceed guests expectations, while working as a team with other Sous Chefs.
* Prepare in accordance with quality, availability and seasonality and ensure market lists are completed on a daily and weekly basis
* Strive for perfection in the outlet, 100 % Guest satisfaction
* Assist and help coordinate all menu planning and implementation
* Ensure food standards and presentation are maintained and always improved
* Organize food production in an cost effective and hygienic manner
* Weekly schedule generation for outlet
* Assist in recruitment, training and discipline of all kitchen staff
* Provide coaching and discipline for outlet employees
* Maintain and monitor Safe and Sound Procedures