This position is typically the first point of contact for Mountain View Co-op (MVC) customers. Must maintain a positive and cooperative attitude that promotes teamwork, integrity, honesty, and helpfulness. The Clerk must embrace and exhibit the WHEAT culture of MVC.
Distinguishing Class Features
This position performs front line work and performs the duties in a manner that will optimize MVC’s market share and net savings. This position is strategic in providing and maintaining a culture of high customer service. This position will ensure compliance with MVC’s policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
(These are examples only; any one position may not include all of the listed examples nor do the listed examples include all functions, which may be found in positions of this class.)
- Establish and maintain a positive customer service experience
- Maintain and establish a positive experience to our clients, to include but not limited to location cleanliness, personal hygiene, and professional phone etiquette.
- Handle any customer complaints promptly and in a professional manner
- Provide feedback to Manager
- Report for duty complying with location dress code and proper hygiene
- Inform all customers of any safe product handling procedures
- Ensure the store is properly stocked and faced
- Ensure that perishable products are rotated and refrigerated as required
- Be aware of all promotions and specials
- Suggest any related products for purchase.
- Maintain a clean and orderly store
- Follow MVC’s credit policy
- Maintain accurate cash control
- Operate POS system
- Ensure if any Triple E/Epicor transaction has an error, enough information is provided so the fuels balance
- Assist in any facility and equipment maintenance
- Practices and encourages work place safety
- Other duties that may be assigned
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Customer service skills
- Phone etiquette
- Organizational skills
- Basic math skills
- MVC’s products and purpose
- Word processing and spreadsheet software
- Safety rules, procedures and practices
- Establish effective working relationships with the all management, other employees, and the general public
- Report to work on time and as scheduled
- Communicate well with others in both technical and non-technical terms
- Operate a personal computer using word processing, spreadsheet and database applications appropriate to assigned duties
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Works varied hours and days required of this position
Reports to the Store Manager.
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior customer service experience
- Fork Lift Certification or ability to obtain
Essential Physical Abilities:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clarity of speech and hearing that permits the employee to communicate well with internal and external customers
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision, the ability to adjust focus while operating computers and viewing into monitors, and to read paper documents
- Manual dexterity that permits the employee to operate a personal computer, files and equipment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- The employee frequently is required to walk/stand and reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and climb
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is most generally performed in a retail environment
- Assist customers in all weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment varies from low to moderately loud
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel as classified.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.