This position is typically the first point of contact for Mountain View Co-op (MVC) customers. Must maintain a positive and cooperative attitude that promotes teamwork, integrity, honesty, and helpfulness. The Clerk must embrace and exhibit the WHEAT culture of MVC.
Distinguishing Class Features
This position performs front line work and performs the duties in a manner that will optimize MVC’s market share and net savings. This position is strategic in providing and maintaining a culture of high customer service. This position will ensure compliance with MVC’s policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
(These are examples only; any one position may not include all of the listed examples nor do the listed examples include all functions, which may be found in positions of this class.)
- Establish and maintain a positive customer service experience
- Maintain and establish a positive experience to our clients, to include but not limited to location cleanliness, personal hygiene, and professional phone etiquette.
- Handle any customer complaints promptly and in a professional manner
- Provide feedback to Manager
- Report for duty complying with location dress code and proper hygiene
- Inform all customers of any safe product handling procedures
- Assist customer loading bags, etc into vehicles
- Ensure the store is properly stocked and faced
- Ensure that perishable products are rotated
- Be aware of all promotions and specials
- Suggest any related products for purchase.
- Maintain a clean and orderly store
- Follow MVC’s credit policy
- Maintain accurate cash control
- Operate POS system
- Assist in any facility and equipment maintenance
- Practices and encourages work place safety
- Other duties that may be assigned
Required Knowledge and Abilities
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Customer service skills
- Phone etiquette
- Organizational skills
- Basic math skills
- MVC’s products and purposeWord processing and spreadsheet software
- Safety rules, procedures and practices
- Forklift Certified
- Establish effective working relationships with the all management, other employees, and the general public
- Report to work on time and as scheduled
- Communicate well with others in both technical and non-technical terms
- Operate a personal computer using word processing, spreadsheet and database applications appropriate to assigned duties
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Operate Forklift
- Works varied hours and days required of this position
Reports to the Store Manager.