This position is responsible for driving, delivering, and loading/unloading of Energy Products (Gasoline/Diesel Fuel, Propane). This position is required to be on-call.
Distinguishing Class Features
This position performs technical and complex work to meet the needs of Mountain View Co-op’s (MVC’s) customers in a manner that will optimize MVC’s presence in the market. This position will ensure compliance with Mountain View Co-op’s policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
(These are examples only; any one position may not include all of the listed examples nor do the listed examples include all functions, which may be found in positions of this class.)
- Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips
- Submit daily written report on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip
- Check shipping papers to determine the account/type/reason of the load and certify for accuracy
- Drive to and from locations
- Comply with MVC policies/procedures and DOT regulations
- Comply with Sales and Delivery protocols
- Maintain established delivery routes and make recommendations for efficiency
- Report all accidents and incidents including but not limited to those involving driver, equipment, property damage
- Promptly report any delays, events or irregularities
- Avoid damage to customers’ buildings and property, use extreme caution when driving onto a customer’s property
- Maintain established methods of communications as prescribed by management
- Provide daily feedback to supervisor
- Proper operation and normal maintenance of equipment
- Cross training will be required to be able to deliver both refined fuels and propane
- May be required to work in other MVC divisions: i.e. Agronomy, Grain, Feed
- Practices and encourages work place safety and holds self and other employees accountable to practice work place safety
- Other duties that may be assigned
Required Knowledge and Abilities
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Bulk Fuel Truck operation
- Propane Bobtail operation
- DOT Regulations
- Safety rules, procedures and practices
- Establish effective working relationships with Management, other employees, and the general public
- Embrace and exhibit WHEAT culture of MVC
- Excellent Driving Record
- Report to work on time and as scheduled
- Communicate well with others in both technical and non-technical terms
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Operate a smart phone
- Basic math skills
- Drive year-round within the state of Montana
- Works hours required of this position which will include weekends
Reports to the Energy Location Manager.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years Class A driving experience
- Cenex Premium Diesel Training – RF
- CETP Certified for the three basic modules:
- Basic Practices and Principles
- Propane Bobtail Delivery
- Propane Plant Operation (If not certified must be able obtain this certification)
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License issued by the State of Montana
- Hazmat/Tanker/Air Brakes/Combination vehicle endorsements
Essential Physical Abilities:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clarity of speech and hearing that permits the employee to communicate well with internal and external customers
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision, the ability to adjust focus while operating smart phone, to read paper documents and operate motor vehicles
- Manual dexterity that permits the employee to operate a smart phone, files and equipment
- Personal mobility that permits the employee to enter, operate and exit motor vehicles
- Ability to drag a hose
- Ability to navigate tough terrain
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- The employee is required to drive and sit for extended periods of time
- Reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and climb
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is most generally performed in an outdoor environment
- Travel in all weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment varies from low to moderately loud.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel as classified.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.