This position performs duties to repair, troubleshoot, install, and maintain necessary agriculture equipment according to Mountain View Co-op’s (MVC’s) and industry standards for safety, preventative and scheduled maintenance.
Distinguishing Class Features
This position performs technical and complex work to meet the needs of Mountain View Co-op’s (MVC’s) customers in a manner that will optimize MVC’s presence in the market. This position will ensure compliance with Mountain View Co-op’s policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
(These are examples only; any one position may not include all of the listed examples nor do the listed examples include all functions, which may be found in positions of this class.)
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, tests and make adjustments
- Comply with safety regulations
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive vehicle maintenance service
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Performs mechanical repairs including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Adjust, repair, and service farm machinery and notify supervisors when machinery malfunctions
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment during machine service
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment Observe and listen to machinery operation to detect equipment malfunctions
- Manipulate controls to set, activate, and adjust mechanisms on machinery
- Drive trucks to haul supplies or tools
- Practices and encourages work place safety
- Other duties that may be assigned
Required Knowledge and Abilities
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Operate front-end loader and forklift
- Operate light and heavy equipment
- DOT Regulations
- Safety rules, procedures and practices
- Establish effective working relationships with Management, other employees, and the general public
- Embrace and exhibit WHEAT culture of MVC
- Excellent Driving Record
- Report to work on time and as scheduled
- Communicate well with others in both technical and non-technical terms
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Operate a smart phone
- Basic math skills
- Drive year-round within the state of Montana
- Works hours required of this position
Reports to the Agronomy Division Manager.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years mechanic experience
- Machinist experience
- Fork Life Certified
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License issued by the State of Montana
Essential Physical Abilities:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Clarity of speech and hearing that permits the employee to communicate well with internal and external customers
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision, the ability to adjust focus while operating smart phone, to read paper documents and operate motor vehicles
- Manual dexterity that permits the employee to operate a smart phone, tools, and equipment
- Personal mobility that permits the employee to enter, operate and exit motor vehicles
- Ability to navigate tough terrain
- Ability to lift 70 pounds
- The employee is required to drive and sit for extended periods of time
- Reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and climb
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is most generally performed in an indoor environment
- Travel in all weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment varies from low to moderately loud
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel as classified.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.